Recent content by pie

  1. P

    THR Tie your shoes?

    Well I can now get my sock and shoes on no problem. Doing at least 30:00 a day on the elliptical and stationary bike. Hiked and rode a mountain bike on trails too. Played 18 holes on Saturday and shot 89. WOOHOOO! Back in action!! Good luck to all!
  2. P

    THR Tie your shoes?

    Update- I can now tie my shoes by putting my left foot on a chair and bending over to tie them both. I still need the sock aid to put my left sock on. PT is going great and I'm able to ride 30-40:00 on the bike Getting there slow but sure Next goal- playing golf again! Thanks for all your replies
  3. P

    Scared but excited.

    I hear ya RB. I'm 56 and I heard that ad nauseum!
  4. P

    Scared but excited.

    PS on the when can you have sex question. I lasted 3 weeks and it was fine. Good to go!
  5. P

    Scared but excited.

    This is a great site for info. I just hit 7 weeks from my left THR. Working out again, still doing re hab 2 days a week but all is good. You will kick butt! Re hab is tough, ya gotta earn it, but its all in the rear view mirror for me already. The only thing I still can't do is put my left sock...
  6. P

    THR Tie your shoes?

    My DR took me off all precautions today, 6 weeks later. Gonna try to get socks and shoes on tonight!
  7. P

    THR Tie your shoes?

    Great to hear Debbie! I'm starting to realize its the little things!
  8. P

    THR Recovery in progress

    I hit my 6 week post op mark yesterday. Its going very good. Off pain meds as of two weeks ago, driving, riding a bike for 30:00 a day, still doing PT 3x's a week. I did 7 straight days at outpatient PT, the day after I got out of the hospital, and it was really hard, but really paid off. I...
  9. P

    THR Tie your shoes?

    I had a Left THR on April 7th. 6 weeks ago yesterday. PT and working out are going good. One question? How long until I can tie my darn shoes again? Thanks all.
Back
Top Bottom