Recent content by Phil75070

  1. Phil75070

    Looking for friends

    As for pain, after my first TKR I woke up in recovery in the most excruciating pain one could imagine, but it was not in the knee but the hamstring and calf. The only explanation was that the anesthesiologist couldn't/didn't give me a spinal, only a femoral block which worked the way it was...
  2. Phil75070

    TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

    Everyone is different. There are those who do the PT, keep up with their exercises, do everything that should result in a good outcome but it just doesn't seem to work out for them. There are others, like Josephine, who can do little PT or exercise and get great results. All bad results can't be...
  3. Phil75070

    TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

    My OS is actually considering no longer doing knee replacements. He says too many of his patients are not doing the PT and not keeping up with their exercises and then are complaining about the results.
  4. Phil75070

    Anxious in Ma.

    @twitty @kmann Good luck to you both!
  5. Phil75070

    when do you give up and surrender?

    Your trainer and your chiropractor don't have to live with the pain. Never having had an arthroscopy I don't know how long it is before one sees the benefits from that. The recovery time from a TKR is quite lengthy but the lifelong benefits, I feel, are well worth it.
  6. Phil75070

    DuPuy PFC rotating platform replacement knee and alternatives

    I went through a couple of series of Hyalgan injections, a shot a week for three weeks. The relief provided decreased with each series. These were given by my PCP but he stopped so I went to an ortho who used Synvisc 1. That single shot was suppsoed to replce the three shot series. It didn't...
  7. Phil75070

    TKR ByteMe RTKR recovery thread

    Wow, looks like you have less than half the number of staples my OS used! For one day post-op it looks pretty darn good!
  8. Phil75070

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    Happy to hear it went well, Teresa!
  9. Phil75070

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    Teresa, you also had a PKR which may differ in your surgeon's expectations for ROM at this point in recovery? I don't know if greater ROM is or should be expected in the case of a PKR vs a TKR. Either way, you do what you and your OS feel is right for you! Good luck on Tuesday.
  10. Phil75070

    Bi-lateral vs two surgeries and MUAs

    I guess there are minor risks anytime one is put under anesthesia but do those risks increase the longer one is under? Same for the risk of infection. Is it better to be exposed twice for shorter periods of time than one, longer session? I also assume that doing two at once increases the amount...
  11. Phil75070

    Bi-lateral vs two surgeries and MUAs

    An OS who pushes the idea of two surgeries strictly to line his own pockets runs the risk of the individual not replacing the 2nd knee because of what many go through in recovery, or the patient going to another OS for any number of reasons. Also, speaking strictly of the surgeon's compensation...
  12. Phil75070

    TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

    @hopefaith Happy to see your knee is doing much better as well as, it seems, your spirits!
  13. Phil75070

    Rehabs

    After my RTKR I was sent to the hospital's rehab facility at another location for about 6 days. It was depressing to say the least. The rooms were tiny and claustrophobic, rehab patients included those recovering from amputations, strokes, etc., After my LTKR, anticipating going to a rehab...
  14. Phil75070

    What I learned in pre-op class

    In the time I was home and up to seeing the OS for my two week checkup I had Home Health come to the house for three session per week of PT and two sessions per week of occupational therapy (upper body). Each session was one hour long and involved several different exercises. I was NOT left on...
  15. Phil75070

    Medicaid Justification

    I didn't have any problems with MediCARE and my OS said it is about the only insurance that does NOT require pre-approval. I don't know if that includes MediCAID or not. However, it is my understanding that knee replacement is still considered "elective" surgery.
Back
Top Bottom