Recent content by Petrified

  1. Petrified

    TKR Petrified's recovery thread^

    That's very kind of you to offer again, Josephine but. no thank you. I'm pretty well settled into a routine that seems to be working for me at the moment. Regards, Polly
  2. Petrified

    Bilateral TKR BTKR 28th May 2019 - post op journal

    Atlas, you came to my thread to lighten my spirits on a dark day at the beginning of my recovery and I was very grateful and have never forgotten your kindness. In the interim of then and now much has happened. In that time, too, I happened upon two separate youtube diaries detailing, more or...
  3. Petrified

    Bilateral TKR BTKR 28th May 2019 - post op journal

    It can be hard to stay positive during your recuperation, I know... but please remember my thoughts are with you and I'm sending out to you the most positive vibes I can which I hope will help with your healing. :console2:
  4. Petrified

    TKR Petrified's recovery thread^

    Gosh it feels like forever since I was last here. I know I'm starting week 8, day 1 today... so here's a quick update. Muscles are still stiff and painful, but then, with no warning, they will just relax - for a too brief window of time - and I can, in that moment in time, see more clearly...
  5. Petrified

    TKR Petrified's recovery thread^

    Quick update: Canceled todays PT visit. Went to surgeon's office yesterday afternoon and was seen by a PA. This rash is, either, an allergic adhesive reaction or an adhesive irritant reaction. Neither of us knows which. After some discussion, my steri-strips were removed, incision/rash area...
  6. Petrified

    TKR Petrified's recovery thread^

    For Josephine: :flwrysmile: 1. A four. 2. Oxycodone 5 mg/1-2 tablets every four hours as needed/5 mg-Immediate Release Acetaminophen/1 -2 tablets 3 x a day (not to exceed 6 tabs in 24 hours)/500 mg. Celecoxi/1 tablet 2 x a day/200 mg. Aspirin/1 tablet x 2 a day w/food/325 mg. Ferrous Sulfate...
  7. Petrified

    TKR Petrified's recovery thread^

    Thanks, Celle and Josephine. Sure, you can ask me anything you want. Right now it's 11:24 pm (soon I'll be tipping over into the start of day 10/post-op); I've loosely wrapped the incision using wrap-around gauze over one 5" x 9" gauze pad - no topical - and now I'm elevating and icing. No PT...
  8. Petrified

    TKR Petrified's recovery thread^

    Higher numbers... ? Let me give you an example: at the end of each therapy session I sit in a very sturdy upright chair and the therapist kneels beside me near my right knee and I - no, I haven't tried this using both knees, yet - using just my right knee, am supposed to slide my leg back...
  9. Petrified

    TKR Petrified's recovery thread^

    I honestly don't think that this experience with home health care is all that stressful, physically. It was just something that I had to deal with, whether I liked it or not, this past week and it became - for myself, at least - more of an emotional issue than a physical one. Nonetheless, I was...
  10. Petrified

    TKR Petrified's recovery thread^

    Hey, everyone. Thanks for your support and sorry I haven't been back sooner. I want to bring y'all up to date and do it in a timely manner. My surgery was April 11 and I returned home on April 13 along with all medications and my surgeon's post-op instructions. Things have been somewhat...
  11. Petrified

    TKR Petrified's recovery thread^

    Thank you for moving my thread here, Josephine! :wave:
  12. Petrified

    Today's the day--at last!

    Will be thinking of you and sending best wishes your way... :) :-) (:
  13. Petrified

    Anxiety and depression

    My thoughts are with you both. :console2:
  14. Petrified

    TKR Petrified's recovery thread^

    I am here, four days post-op and thank you all for coming and sharing your thoughts and stories. I think I should be on the post-op forum to share my experiences and I will be doing that shortly. Taken pain medication and am hooked up to icing machine for the rest of this night/early Tues...
Back
Top Bottom