Recent content by perthes3man

  1. P

    THR Squatting at the gym?

    Thanks guys, I was hoping that was the general consensus. Appreciate the feedback. :) 9/9/2014 RTHR Australia
  2. P

    THR Squatting at the gym?

    Sure thing, sorry :) I will rectify in the morning.. I am using the phone at the moment for posting and will sort signature when I'm on the computer :) Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. P

    THR Squatting at the gym?

    Thanks jaycey It was 9/9/2014 Cheers Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. P

    THR Squatting at the gym?

    Hi guys, Wondering if anyone has ventured back into doing squats or lunges at the gym? Tried a modified version tonight. (Squatting down to a box and then back up) No pains, no issues so far. FYI I'm 40 and had a THR, and I've started doing kick boxing again (not competing, just striking...
  5. P

    Tomorrows the day!!

    Good luck, best decision you will make. I had my replacement rescheduled 3 times due to weird pimples appearing right near where the incision was going.. Doctor wouldn't do it for risk of infection ! Even went through the fasting and being admitted.. Only got postponed at the final pre...
  6. P

    THR BJJ and 2 hip replacements

    Oh, and I think Aldo wins quite quickly (unfortunately) Love for my Irish roots to triumph :) 1 month away !!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. P

    THR BJJ and 2 hip replacements

    Hi mate, sorry for not replying. No notifications coming through. Hope all is well! I've completed my updates and tagged you in the other thread ( hopefully) Cheers Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. P

    Bilateral THR KungFu/BJJ hips

    Wow... Sorry I missed all these posts guys... For some reason, like Owen, I didn't have any notifications.. Then I put the above post up, and see I've missed heaps... Congrats on the baby Owen! I will change my preferences and keep updates going. Interested to know what stretching/exercises...
  9. P

    Bilateral THR KungFu/BJJ hips

    Hi Owen Sion1976 and Brian bsilvers , How is the recovery going? I have Been back rolling a few times and also been hitting the MT pads.. Kicks knees etc. So far so good. How has the rolling for you Brian? Are you able to handle take downs or throws? Or primarily just training from knees...
  10. P

    THR BJJ and 2 hip replacements

    Thanks again bsilvers good to hear from you. I sure it's a confidence thing. Monday is d-day for getting back in the mats! Thanks Pat Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. P

    THR BJJ and 2 hip replacements

    What flexibility exercises have they given you Sion1976? My hospital physio just gave me the basics, but keen to improve my flexibility. Do you think macgregor has a chance against Aldo? Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  12. P

    THR BJJ and 2 hip replacements

    That's awesome mate. Let me know how you get on. I'm still yet to get on the mats (blue belt as well) but after 16 weeks, feel it's getting close. To be honest, @ 40 and self employed, my restrictions are mostly in my head, but my flexibility is improving every day. I can put my shoes and...
  13. P

    Bilateral THR KungFu/BJJ hips

    Thanks guys. Great to hear. Still very cautious with hip flexibility, just love having no obvious pain. I love your philosophy on the hip replacement Brian, no point not 'living' as we are all going to wear these hips out in our lifetime. Keen to take things slowly though as well... Just got...
  14. P

    Bilateral THR KungFu/BJJ hips

    Hi gang, 8 weeks post op and feeling great. RTHR Went for my longest jog/walk today (6klms) trying to keep up with my kids on bikes :) Beginning modified weight training this week, and also light boxing. (Pad work only) I have found swimming heaps, and lots of high seat stationary bike has...
  15. P

    Bilateral THR KungFu/BJJ hips

    Massively, made my day. Good luck getting back in the mats mate. Cheers Pat P.s fast forward 6 months for you, where is the biggest discloation risk. I normally roll with 205's and sometimes the 'smash guard pass' or the try forcing the splits to pass. Would this be the biggest...
Back
Top Bottom