Recent content by pennywise

  1. pennywise

    Surgery is scheduled! SOON!

    Best of luck to you Nanal, Wildsong and Hip, hip hooray! I'm sure all will go well and you'll be pain free soon. My surgery was January 2nd and I wasn't nervous until the morning of...then it was jitters and butterflies. I was so nauseous that I was afraid I'd puke or worse. When the OS...
  2. pennywise

    LTHR complete!

    What confused me was that only the left leg had the twitches so I wasn't sure if it was the meds or the hip replacment surgery, and that it might be just a coincidence that the twitches stopped when I stopped taking the pain meds. Fortunately, the tylenol works well; plus I am using ice alot...
  3. pennywise

    LTHR complete!

    Surgery was done on January 2nd so I am 17 days post op. Surgeon told hubby that it was 'textbook'; I had strong bones and lost little blood. I was able to go home on the 3rd of January. I thought that I'd be able to sleep better in my own bed - boy was I wrong! First I had difficulty...
  4. pennywise

    New hip for the new year

    Hi Nessiepie! I totally relate to what you have been going through. For me, the decision came after I had to stop walking my dogs (they get so disappointed when I go to the closet and don't get their leashes!) combined with the day I had a cancel a long awaited visit with friends I rarely see...
  5. pennywise

    New hip for the new year

    Thanks all for the encouragement! Completed my pre-op today and am cleared for surgery providing I don't get the flu or something before January 2nd. For anybody in Northern Virginia, the team at Inova Mt Vernon was just great. They explained everything and were so thorough and reassuring...
  6. pennywise

    New hip for the new year

    I am scheduled for LTHR on January 2nd, pre-op session tomorrow. I might as well just cut and paste my story from many already on this great forum. Groin pain that I thought was a pull; MRI a year later indicated osteoarthritis. No big deal, right? First OS consulted said based on MRI, I am...
  7. pennywise

    January Jackpots 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??

    Hello, I am committed in January as well. LTHR is scheduled for January 2nd. Happy New Year! It was only a year ago that the doc said that I'd need a hip replacement, but he said I was too young and to hold off as long as I could. But over the year, the pain became constant, a limp appeared...
Back
Top Bottom