Recent content by PeachyKnee

  1. PeachyKnee

    TKR One Year Anniversary!

    Hey Everyone! I had my total right knee replacement done on this date one year ago! And I have survived it!! Now I can say I’m happy I did it. I wasn’t so sure along the way. I very rarely take any pain meds. I do still like to ice it. I’m able to do stairs up and down. Driving doesn’t...
  2. PeachyKnee

    TKR One Year Anniversary!

    So just checking in with y’all. How’s everyone doing? I hope recovery is going well. I have good and bad days. Our weather here in the South has been nothing but chaotic and neither knee likes it very much. Now, my complaint is that my upper thigh at the hip joint on the operative leg...
  3. PeachyKnee

    TKR One Year Anniversary!

    So the whole 5 hour road trip resolved and that county is covering it. I did agree to do a different one that is closer and I can have lunch with a friend. Still two hours but doable. Does your knee still react to rainy weather?
  4. PeachyKnee

    TKR One Year Anniversary!

    Thank you! This job is my second post retirement job and this issue of home visits may be the hill I die on. I’ve already told my husband to plan on my resignation at the end of the year. And I told her the doctors said it’d be 6 months to a year for full recovery.
  5. PeachyKnee

    TKR One Year Anniversary!

    Thank you! This job is my second post retirement job and this issue of home visits may be the hill I die on. I’ve already told my husband to plan on my resignation at the end of the year.
  6. PeachyKnee

    TKR One Year Anniversary!

    I won one in my office this week. I’m an office support person for children service. I took this job because it was close to home and I was not supposed to be doing home visit, but we have a new director and things are changing. They have me doing some very low risk families and I don’t mind...
  7. PeachyKnee

    TKR One Year Anniversary!

    Numb area? Like the tight band that comes and goes under my knee? Then yes. Zinger sounds like an appropriate description.
  8. PeachyKnee

    TKR One Year Anniversary!

    My total knee replacement recovery has been going very well. Suddenly tonight I’m having what feels like nerve pain on the right side of the knee.. My surgery was October 4, 2023 and I thought I was past having any problems. At this stage, what do y’all think? I’m taking 100 mg of pregabalin...
  9. PeachyKnee

    TKR One Year Anniversary!

    Hey Everyone! So, I use a spray bottle of water and tea tree oil on my itchy skin and I find that my knee seems to like it too. It’s cooling and like a spritzer or like spraying a delicate plant. Lol. Am I going to rust out my knee doing this? Lol. Just sharing the info.
  10. PeachyKnee

    TKR One Year Anniversary!

    Good morning! Happy weekend! My stair climbing up and down a full flight was easy peezy yesterday! No soreness. No pain. Quite happy about it.
  11. PeachyKnee

    TKR One Year Anniversary!

    So my appointment was canceled and rescheduled. I cancelled it. Too wet. Too many opportunities to fall. Will try it again this week.
  12. PeachyKnee

    TKR One Year Anniversary!

    Old Time music is great stuff!
  13. PeachyKnee

    TKR One Year Anniversary!

    Hi Everyone! So I’m faced with a challenge today. I have a home visit to do this afternoon. I’m an office clerk for children services and I don’t officially have a case load, but I do see two families once a month. The ones I’m seeing today live in an apartment complex that does not have...
  14. PeachyKnee

    TKR One Year Anniversary!

    Thank you Layla! I’m doing well.
Back
Top Bottom