Recent content by pboedeker

  1. pboedeker

    Knee Infection* Revision after infection questions

    Thanks, I’ve been taking Aleve for a couple days and I’m feeling better.
  2. pboedeker

    Knee Infection* Revision after infection questions

    Having some stiffness and soreness. Random as I’ve had no real issues in 18 months. Does increased activity cause this? Been climbing stairs more often lately? When do you get concerned enough to see doctor?
  3. pboedeker

    Knee Infection* Revision after infection questions

    It’s been almost a year and a half since my final revision surgery and my recovery has gone well. In the past couple of months, I’ve noticed a new sensation and wanted to check to see if others had similar. The scar on my left knee is much like a zigzag road. The scar starts on the outside above...
  4. pboedeker

    Knee Infection* Revision after infection questions

    It’s been over a year now and my left TKR is doing quite well. One question for those of you who've recovered is about the range of motion that remains. I have 130° bend and 1-2° straight, so functionally I am able to walk with no impairment. My issue is when I try to place my left ankle on my...
  5. pboedeker

    Knee Infection* Revision after infection questions

    I ended oral antibiotics in June. I’m still always dealing with the nagging worry that the infection will recur. I don’t have pain or issues with an inflamed hot knee, but I just can’t shake the constant worry. My revision was a horrible experience and I’d not want to repeat that!
  6. pboedeker

    Knee Infection* Revision after infection questions

    9 months past revision surgery, 2 months after completion of oral antibiotics. How do you quit worrying about another infection? I keep questioning every sensation in that knee.
  7. pboedeker

    Knee Infection* Revision after infection questions

    I tried Extra Strength Tylenol for the past few days and it’s really helping with soreness. I know my patella is pretty thin (several surgeries have been over the years smoothing the backside) so I expect that’s the grinding I’m hearing/feeling.
  8. pboedeker

    Knee Infection* Revision after infection questions

    4-1/2 months post revision and I’m experiencing some soreness in the joint. Also, I’ve developed a pretty noticeable grinding sound/sensation when I bend or straighten, at the 90° point. Is the grind a concern? Range of motion is still great and there is not new swelling noted. As a side note...
  9. pboedeker

    Knee Infection* Revision after infection questions

    I had a touch of this rash at week 2 appt and dr suggested I use Cerave cream, but stay 1” away from incision. Not seeing much improvement. Wondered if I should see dermatologist?
  10. pboedeker

    Knee Infection* Revision after infection questions

    PT today and I’m at 110°, which is my surgeons goal for flexion! I’ve had dermatitis on my knee since surgery. Anybody else have this issue and how did you treat it?
  11. pboedeker

    Knee Infection* Revision after infection questions

    Today’s flex measurement is 108°! My surgeon recommends 110°, so now I’m just going to work on maintaining that range and eventually strengthening. I’m nearly 4 week’s post revision surgery and have had 3 PT sessions. Really pleased with this recovery after a horrible year of knee trouble!
  12. pboedeker

    Knee Infection* Revision after infection questions

    My ROM previously (post 3/21 surgery) has been problematic. Never could straighten the knee nor get a bend beyond 90°. I’m in control of all ROM exercises now. The PT doesn’t attempt to increase what I’m comfortable with. I feel like this recovery is markedly easier than before. With so many...
  13. pboedeker

    Knee Infection* Revision after infection questions

    Two week checkup with X-rays and everything looks great. PT starts today working on range of motion. I’m already fully extended and flexion is almost 90 degrees so not much more to go. Strength training is needed, after 2 months without weight bearing. Still continue oral antibiotics til June :(
  14. pboedeker

    Knee Infection* Revision after infection questions

    Day 6 post op and I’m not needing any pain meds. Very minimal swelling, I’m in an immobilizer til next Tuesday. Tomorrow’s my initial assessment at PT, no ROM yet, but hope to get started shortly.
  15. pboedeker

    Knee Infection* Revision after infection questions

    Lotsa twinges and zingers in my knee. Still amazed at the lack of pain, swelling and bruising!
Back
Top Bottom