Recent content by PBhips

  1. P

    Bilateral THR Day 4 PO

    I’m back and feeling very fortunate that my recovery so far has been going smoothly. I had my simultaneous bilateral replacements on Monday, posterolateral, STAR approach. I was released from the hospital Wednesday, day 2 PO. I know everyone is unique and it’s very early days for me but, so far...
  2. P

    Bilateral THR Surgery tomorrow, July 29. Anyone else?

    My simultaneous bilateral surgery is tomorrow. I couldn’t find how to add myself to the July sparklers. I’d love a surgery buddy! I’ll be back to write in the post op area when I can to share how everything went. Please think good thoughts for me!
  3. P

    Home DVT device recommendations, please?

    I’m going to have bilateral simultaneous hip replacements. My physician recommended I get a home DVT device to help the blood pump out of my calves. Has anyone used one? Does anyone have one to recommend?
  4. P

    Bilateral THR Bilateral hippies and pulmonary embolism risk

    @benne68 , that would be so helpful. Thank you!!!!
  5. P

    Bilateral THR Bilateral hippies and pulmonary embolism risk

    Hello to all you bilaterals. I applaud you for your courage. I have two hips that need to be replaced and would love to do them at the same time. I am 65, thin, otherwise healthy. No risk factors. I do not at all mean to scare anybody, but I want to share something I was told and ask what your...
  6. P

    Should I have surgery??

    This is the question I’m struggling with. I’m told that I am a candidate for two new hips. I have bone spurs that keep them from rotating properly, mostly I have very little internal rotation. I can’t cross my legs, I can’t squat even close to the floor, I can’t lean over and tie my shoes, but I...
  7. P

    THR Referral for a good THR Doctor in the Houston Tx area

    @benne68 thank you for your help. I think I’m figuring it out now. I was brand new to the website yesterday and I think I can manage for the moment.
  8. P

    Bilateral THR My Bilateral THR Recovery

    @Robert M , where did you have your bilateral surgery? I’m having a hard time finding someone to do that for me, and I don’t mind traveling to find the right Surgeon! @Robert M
  9. P

    TKR Pain and frustration at 2+ years

    @TNR #2 Which surgeon at Fondren did you use? Have you found a new one?
  10. P

    THR Referral for a good THR Doctor in the Houston Tx area

    @j4ever02 which docs in the Houston med center did you consider? Which did you use in the end?
  11. P

    THR THR at Houston Methodist on Feb 3

    @Srtimmons99, who was your Houston surgeon?
  12. P

    TKR RKR July 5th - Deedee 65

    @deedee65 who was your surgeon in Houston?
  13. P

    THR 1mo Post-op Posterior Left THR with Major Bone Graft

    Please, @Meastleamy and @Going4fun, I’ve been researching HSS surgeons like crazy, and it all gets so confusing. Neither McLawhorn nor Nawabi take Medicare any longer, and I’ve just turned to 65. Do you have any other suggestions since you’ve done so much research? I need 2 THRs and am freaking...
  14. P

    THR Hip gone wrong

    @Sohowarrior , I’d love to hear your HSS hip replacement surgeon suggestions!
  15. P

    THR THR May Need Revision

    OMG, @Going4fun, was your surgeon Matthew Austin??? I’m thinking of using him, and have not been able to find anyone else who ever has. Please respond. I’d so appreciate talking to you!
Back
Top Bottom