Recent content by paulcfc

  1. paulcfc

    High tibial osteotomy.......done !!!!

    Glad you have turned the corner... It will only get better from now on.... I too am much better,but be warned...I foolishly overdid things on Saturday, thinking that I was much better than I was.... I paid the price with increased pain today... Nothing too bad, but certainly my body sending me...
  2. paulcfc

    High tibial osteotomy.......done !!!!

    Yeah , its really painful . I had a really bad one at about 4am .. I was half awake and thinking that pain wasn't too bad... Then a big twitch through my whole body , leg jerked and knee cracked... The pain after!!!! Omg
  3. paulcfc

    High tibial osteotomy.......done !!!!

    Does anyone suffering from sleep deprivation get muscle spasms as you drift off to sleep?? I've just done a little Google research and apparently it's called a hypnic jerk or sleep start.. I've always had these but probably 1 a week but now!!!! I am getting what must be over 30 a day!! Every...
  4. paulcfc

    High tibial osteotomy.......done !!!!

    @KnackeredKnees I have 3 basic exercises. Staples come out next Tuesday and physiological is on Wednesday.. @referee54 I also was a roadbiker (my mountain bike club calls it the darkside)but reluctantly I sold it 2 months ago as at the time, I thought it would be a safer option to Mtb.. If I...
  5. paulcfc

    High tibial osteotomy.......done !!!!

    @Clipless yes I am a mountain biker and it is pure torture hearing about all my friends going out, i even find it hard just seeing someone out on a decent MTB... My bike is hung up in the garage just waiting for me!!!! Fingers crossed for 2016. ( we have some great mountain biking where I...
  6. paulcfc

    High tibial osteotomy.......done !!!!

    @Pumpkln thanks for the heads up, I have posted on his thread. Looks like he is having a tough time of it!!! Also thanks for the info. Really interesting about the sleep deprivation. As I have barely slept since op. Just light catnaps of no more than an hour at a time..
  7. paulcfc

    High tibial osteotomy.......done !!!!

    Hi all, I have been home 3 days since having a left high tibial osteotomy or knee wedge surgery. And I have to say omg that was a painful few days in hospital. I was warned that it was a painful procedure but I really underestimated the pain. I had a left hip 2 years ago and thought that it...
  8. paulcfc

    And now the knee :(

    thanks all for you replies, i think i kinda knew already that the knee would be worse... but we live in hope eh!! @1ELISEA yes i am, or was a very keen cyclist both road and mountain biking... i was really hoping that after my THR that i would be back on my bike, but i guess i'll just have...
  9. paulcfc

    And now the knee :(

    Hi all, i have been absent from the bonesmart site for the last 10 months after having my left hip replaced on december 30th 2013. That all went well and the new hip is performing like.... a new hip.. unfortunately, my relief from pain has not lasted, as my left knee is now, as the doctor...
  10. paulcfc

    When is it time?

    @frieds Hi sorry that I have been away for for a while. ..when is the time right? ¿??? Well if you have, like you say had major deterioration over the last year........... Then go for it!! It's no good second guessing yourself all the time... I am now 8 weeks post op and things are going...
  11. paulcfc

    Hippy New Year

    @frieds @Jaycey Hi, sorry for not posting earlier. Recovery is going well and really starting to pick up speed.. I won't say I'm pain free .. I do get some discomfort and the odd sharp pain from within the hip (normally when I do too much or move wrong) but it's only been 4 weeks!!!! But I am...
  12. paulcfc

    Hippy New Year

    @frieds Hey Tee, I'm doing really well thanks. My mobility is getting better by the day, so much so, that I really have to be careful that I don't over do it, I feel like I could walk along further than I know I should... Sleeping is getting better also. ….( I'm a real fidget in bed, and I was...
  13. paulcfc

    Last Minute Question

    Relax . it will all be over soon, and you will be on the other side ( I am 7 days post operation and feeling fine) We will all be thinking of you. Paul
  14. paulcfc

    Hippy New Year

    @frieds hey buddie, don't get hung up on the sedation like I did.. My choice was made, I did not in anyway shape or form, want to be aware of anything during my operation. It was only when was taken through for the operation, and when I spoke to the really friendly and reassuring anaesthetist(...
Back
Top Bottom