Recent content by Patsyo

  1. P

    TKR Jary in recovery

    Sorry to hear about that pain. I hope you get some relief soon and an answer as to what’s causing it. Hang in there.
  2. P

    TKR luvcats recovery box

    That’s good to know your husband is around. So great that he can work from home. Thanks for encouraging words about the surgery. I’m delighted to hear your pain has been reduced.
  3. P

    TKR Knee#2's Recovery Thread

    Your pulse falling like that must have been terrifying. Could they explain what happened there? I’ve never heard of that happening to anybody. I hope the rest of your recovery is less eventful and that you have an easier time getting back to normal.
  4. P

    TKR luvcats recovery box

    Best of luck today luvcats. It will feel odd being alone today but I hope you don’t overdo it! Are you glad you did this surgery or would you recommend it? I know it’s early days still so you may not have made up your mind. I see so many people with awful complications and need for revisions...
  5. P

    Bilateral TKR

    Thanks Atlas and lovetocookandsew. I will keep in touch and many thanks for your kind and supportive words.
  6. P

    Bilateral TKR

    Thank you Celle. I’m sorry to have to wait too but I was a bit anxious myself about going ahead when the anesthetist had reservations. I still read all the other stories on Bonesmart and read the articles. It’s an extremely helpful site and I think I’ve learnt a lot from it. I’ll let you know...
  7. P

    Bilateral TKR

    Thanks so much for the encouragement luvcats. I really do want this surgery but I was a bit anxious when the anaesthetist had reservations. I’m going to spend time building myself up now and be in good shape in a few weeks time. I’m so glad you’re happy with your surgery and hope next one works...
  8. P

    Bilateral TKR

    Forgot to add that my lounge doctor is on the way and my gel freezing packs arrived today. I’m all set up and nothing happening! Maybe I’ll just practise and see if I can relieve some of the pre-op pain.
  9. P

    Bilateral TKR

    Hi Atlas, Thanks so much for getting in touch. My surgeon and anaesthetist decided that I’m too anemic at the moment for surgery. My operation is postponed for a few weeks while I take medication to increase my white and red blood cell count. These numbers are down since I had radiation...
  10. P

    Bilateral TKR

    I’m thinking of ringing his secretary tomorrow Celle. He’s a good surgeon but doesn’t invite many questions. I find him distant in some ways. He kind of expects patients to just trust him and go along with what he advises. I found it hard to see the anesthetist seem concerned about anemia but...
  11. P

    Bilateral TKR

    Hello again everybody. I hope you’re all improving or, if like me, you’re waiting, that you aren’t too anxious. I find the anxiety terrible. I had my pre-op and most things were okay. However, the anesthetist didn’t seem too happy about my bloods. My WBC WAS JUST UNDER 3 ( I have some...
  12. P

    Bilateral TKR

    Many thanks to all who replied and offered support. I’m having my pre-op today and will be asking a lot of questions. I’m having second thoughts about the BTKR but then, it will only be one operation and one anesthetic so that is attractive. I’m really glad I joined this group because I don’t...
  13. P

    TKR Boogaloo is back!

    Sorry to hear you’re feeling so bad. Was it the car ride that brought on that terrible pain? You were doing so well. What do you think gave you such a setback?
  14. P

    Bilateral TKR

    Hi Atlas and Roy. Thanks so much for your replies. I’ve read your story Atlas and it sounds a bit scary at times. I’m thinking of getting a recliner as I’ve heard they are good. To be honest my health is not all that good. I was treated for latent TB in 2014 and then was diagnosed with breast...
  15. P

    Bilateral TKR

    Hi all! I’m scheduled for bi-lateral TKR on 15th July. My knee arthritis seems odd. My knees are not stiff in the morning and I have good flexion and good extension in my right knee but not as good in my left. My problem is that I cannot walk for more than ten minutes before getting stiff and...
Back
Top Bottom