Recent content by parry1229

  1. P

    THR Magsmom’s recovery thread

    @Magsmom, I have no words of wisdom but I just wanted to reach out to say you are magnificent. All those surgeries in such a compressed amount of time is startling. You have every reason to be impatient and frustrated. Each time I had my hips replaced I suffered greatly from psoas aggravation...
  2. P

    THR parry1229's recovery thread

    @Puggles, I can only imagine the anxiety you must be experiencing but please try to enter into your surgeries with a sense of purpose. Keep your emotions up, go in with quiet confidence and look forward past the surgery. This is more important than any supplement, drug or therapy. You've done...
  3. P

    THR parry1229's recovery thread

    @Eman85, 3 years out from my 1st THR & here's what I think: the pain of a terribly arthritic hip is gone, so that's good. I remember thinking, oh wow, I'm not wondering how my hip will feel when I get up today, can I walk?, is the pain going to limit what I can reasonably do today? However...
  4. P

    THR parry1229's recovery thread

    Just wanted to post a cautionary tale. I had a Left THR about 2 weeks ago on Sept 14, 2021. My Right THR was approx 3 years ago in October of 2018. The first one was a long slog. I was feeling so much less pain/constraints this 2nd time around & got off my walker about 9 days post-op. On...
  5. P

    THR I'm an official Hippie

    Hi Mimi, I hope the stitch was just a random occurrence and that it heals fast for you. I was wondering how your psoas was doing. My surgery was Oct 16, 2018 and from the get-go out of surgery my hip flexors were very irritated. I stopped doing any lifting of the leg, whether with bent or flat...
  6. P

    THR parry1229's recovery thread

    My surgery was Oct 16, 2018 and from the get-go out of surgery my hip flexors were very irritated. I stopped doing any lifting of the leg, whether with bent or flat leg, it was too painful. After my 3 month check-up I started trying to lift my knee to put on pants, socks, etc. It was better...
  7. P

    Hip Infection Excellent recovery until it wasn't

    919THR, I wish you much return-to-health as you undergo these next round of treatments. You've been dealt a tough go but one can easily tell by your postings you possess an indomitable perserverence!! I think we all collectively know THR are a **** shoot when it comes to the timing/success of...
Back
Top Bottom