Recent content by Paradise06

  1. Paradise06

    TKR Josephine's knee story

    Hello to everyone....I've been missing from the forum for quite some time, but think of all the goodness here so very often. I'm so very happy to finally be catching up. @Josephine I've thought of you so frequently and finally found your recovery thread. I'm eagerly reading it all and got...
  2. Paradise06

    TKR 16 Weeks +, not sure what to think?

    @oneilllm This is my first posting to you, having just read through the entire thread. Others will chime in also, echoing the same words "YES, emphatically you will continue to make progress"! I can empathize with you, having felt the same way many months post-op, and thinking what's wrong...
  3. Paradise06

    TKR LTKR 5 Nov; plan to make WISE rehab!

    Thank you @skigirl and @referee54 for the input about the blood thinner. I apparently have to have it for 30 consecutive days. It isn't really inconvenient since the lovely visiting nurse comes to my home. About the TEDS - I'm supposed to be wearing them, but honestly, since I'm spending a...
  4. Paradise06

    TKR LTKR 5 Nov; plan to make WISE rehab!

    Hi to all....I haven't added to my thread in a few days; just too busy doing heel sides and leg lifts! Actually, I have tuned in each day and been catching up on other people's journeys. All this info is so very helpful. I read from beginning to end @Celle and found it fascinating. I too am...
  5. Paradise06

    TKR LTKR 5 Nov; plan to make WISE rehab!

    @skigirl - I couldn't agree with you more about the splint. I've had the same problem of it falling around my ankles. Its a nuisance and certainly a hindrance to walking properly. However, in some cases wherein people have been walking poorly for a long time prior to surgery, its important to...
  6. Paradise06

    TKR Thank God I am now home.

    I just reread the link "Myth busting.." The stats are very interesting. It does say: Average time from surgery to MUA was 11 weeks. My first appointment with OS was 3 1/2 weeks post surgery. That went okay, but the knee was very stiff due to inflammation and I had a lot of pain. My next FU...
  7. Paradise06

    TKR LTKR 5 Nov; plan to make WISE rehab!

    I'm just amazed about the splint; because everyone in the hospital and the rehab with my first knee was wearing a splint. I just did some internet research and came up with the following: Knee Immobilizer: The knee immobilizer (splint) is to be worn two weeks to maintain extension while...
  8. Paradise06

    TKR LTKR 5 Nov; plan to make WISE rehab!

    @Josephine @skigirl The splint thing has me mystified. So glad I asked the question. There are three prominent knee surgeons locally and they all follow the same protocol regarding the usage of the splint. I'm going to take your advice Skigirl, and only wear it to the PT appointments, since...
  9. Paradise06

    TKR LTKR 5 Nov; plan to make WISE rehab!

    @Josephine - thank you, I will ask OS for the Tramadol in 100mg dosage. BTW, you said the following regarding my inquiry earlier in the tread about the medication Lameline, which was the only medication offered post-op for pain greater than 5 on scale 1-10 while I was in hospital: I agree...
  10. Paradise06

    TKR Thank God I am now home.

    I'm just jumping in here on your thread for the first time, but I did read through it all. I had RTKR end of November, stayed in a rehab center (wouldn't do it again!) for three weeks following surgery, saw OP at one month post-op. I could not get to 90 degrees and I was plagued with stiffness...
  11. Paradise06

    TKR LTKR 5 Nov; plan to make WISE rehab!

    @skigirl - very astute comment as no two knees are the same. One just needs to keep an open mind and deal with stuff as it happens. I agree totally with you that knowing much more is fundamental to managing the issues that present themselves, ie swelling, pain etc. I know that I am very happy...
  12. Paradise06

    TKR LTKR 5 Nov; plan to make WISE rehab!

    @Josephine The Tramadol pills are 200mg each and the prescription says one AM and one PM, thus 400mg total in 24 hours. I like your schedule much better in the the Tramadol is being distributed throughout the day. My Tramadol pills don't have a ridge for cutting; I do have a pill cutter gadget...
  13. Paradise06

    TKR 6 weeks on

    @Veronica777 You're doing just fine, and receiving excellent advice. Regarding hemoglobin, when I was in the hospital (LTKR) I was given an iron pill daily. In fact, in the meeting with anesthesiologist two weeks prior to surgery, the doctor started me on an iron supplement because he said I...
  14. Paradise06

    TKR Day 7

    You have been given some very good and wise advice here on your thread, from pain meds to exercise etc. I am Day 9 after LTKR, having had RTKR end of November 2013. I can only tell you that I did a whole lot of things wrong with first knee ie not sufficient pain meds or long enough, over doing...
  15. Paradise06

    TKR LTKR 5 Nov; plan to make WISE rehab!

    Hello everyone. Here's up date for the past few days, plus some comparisons. My OS stopped by on 11 Nov (Armistice Day) and said I could go home. Nurses arranged for ambulance transport and I got home around 5pm. My husband had already gotten the meds prescription filled, so I started with...
Back
Top Bottom