Recent content by Pandora

  1. Pandora

    THR Through to the other side

    Many thanks. I have not been on this Forum for quite some time, and have struggle on alone. I think one of the contributing factors to my ailments may be the use of Omeprazole. I intend to wean myself off this drug, and resume the use of antacids. They are a nuisance, but I am inclined to...
  2. Pandora

    THR Through to the other side

    I am just a little over two months post op. Since release, I have had to fend entirely by myself. I find that I have days when I have quite a lot of energy, and others, like today, when I wake up feeling tired, eat lunch and feel the need to sleep. Sometimes for over two hours, and this will...
  3. Pandora

    THR Through to the other side

    Well, this is day 23 post op. I am now walking without sticks inside the house. But still using two outside. Not because I necessarily need them, but more as a protection against the few mindless who speed past on bicycles or just bump into you and keep going. I am still on painkillers and...
  4. Pandora

    THR Through to the other side

    Very many thanks for all the support. Yesterday was absolutely horrendous. My surgery messed up on a prescription, which, of course, had to be delivered, and they sent it through to the wrong pharmacist, who does ot cover my area. So, I had to sort that one out, and now have to wait until...
  5. Pandora

    THR Through to the other side

    I posted yesterday o my recovery rate, but that post has disappeared! However, by day 19, I found that I was able to walk without a stick, but obviously, only around the house. If I go out, I make sure that I am on two sticks, as people around here simply do not care enough, and will barge...
  6. Pandora

    THR Through to the other side

    This is day 20 post op. I have been walking inside the house without any sticks for about three days, now. In fact, this morning, neighbour passed by and without thinking, I arose from my chair and walked straight across the room to the patio doors without even thinking about my stick...
  7. Pandora

    THR Through to the other side

    I have been walking with just the one stick since day 11. I keep a full length mirror at the far end of the room, so that I can check my posture. I also do my exercises, and have found that the ground work that I put in place in the form of exercise has really paid off. I have taken just a...
  8. Pandora

    THR Through to the other side

    At 11 days post op, I walked without two crutches. This morning at 15 days post op, I tentatively took a couple of steps with no sticks at all. I was able to do it, but I think it is far too early, and think it is a case of confidence, as much as anything else. The surgeon has lengthened my...
  9. Pandora

    THR Through to the other side

    Yips! I was not being too ambitious in my last post, after all! I am now walking confidently with just the one stick. What a relief! This means that I can now carry a glass of something or a cup of something else in the other hand without having to manipulate that cumbersome trolley around...
  10. Pandora

    THR Through to the other side

    I have sent my skunky smelling sticks into isolation and a relying on the original two that I bought some time ago. One is actually a rambler's stick, and the other one of those fold up things. I still use the skunkies, but keep them well away from the bedroom. I know that a lot of plastic is...
  11. Pandora

    THR Through to the other side

    I am eating again, now. Had some Teriyaki salmon, asparagus - half a pack and some potato. Not quite right with Japanese food, but it was around, and I didn't want to waste it. Only had half the meal, so will finish it off later. I must have lost some weight. All the sitting around waiting...
  12. Pandora

    THR Through to the other side

    I am ten days post op. Have picked up a tummy bug, which seems to be passing trough my system, but left with virtually no appetite. Eating again, now. And, managed to get outside for a brief walk, Back in bed now. Really feeling very cold, but that may be the anti coagulants. Have put an...
  13. Pandora

    THR Through to the other side

    Thanks Miss Muffett. I have been having a difficult time with the various meds - anti coagulants, laxtives and pain killers. With the pain killers, it is more a question of sorting out which is best. Icing is virtually impossible as my fridge is full to the gunnells. and icing an entire leg...
  14. Pandora

    Donations

    As it is so very difficult for UK residents to make donations, the site must be losing a considerable amount of revenue from the UK, and possibly other countries who refer to the site as well. Needs to be remedied ASAP, I think.
  15. Pandora

    Donations

    I have tried to donate to the site, and wrote to "contact us" about three weeks ago, and still no response. The site does not recognise my bank details, and so it will not accept my donation.
Back
Top Bottom