Recent content by pacosmom

  1. pacosmom

    TKR It's The HoneyB's Knees

    Sounds like you are doing well overall, glad to hear it!
  2. pacosmom

    TKR It's The HoneyB's Knees

    Awesome, congrats! I'm 3 months out and still waiting for the day I can go downstairs normally! At least I am finally able to pedal all the way around on a bike, hoping the stairs are not far behind
  3. pacosmom

    TKR Marguette’s Full Recovery

    I'm really sorry about the loss of your friend!
  4. pacosmom

    PKR 1 month out<

    No worries @NavyGunns I do admit I miss exercising, but I've never been a "nut" about it lol It had been quite a while before my surgery since I had been able to do much that didn't cause my knee to hurt, so I think maybe I was just assuming I'd be back to being able to get into shape quicker...
  5. pacosmom

    PKR 1 month out<

    @NavyGunns thanks for the post. I'm most definitely not a "gym rat" lol More of a walk on the treadmill or use the elliptical machine, some light weights maybe. I'm not super concerned about getting back to the gym, more concerned with getting my quad muscle firing again, and building the muscle...
  6. pacosmom

    PKR 1 month out<

    Yes, @Jockette I know I'm only 13 weeks into the recovery and that I have many weeks to go. I spend quite a bit of each day sitting with my leg elevated and icing also - but I want to do the exercises that will strengthen my quad muscle(s). The type of therapy I did last week didn't hurt my knee...
  7. pacosmom

    PKR 1 month out<

    13 weeks out update: still have the swelling/tight band feeling 24/7, but maybe not as much as previously. I did the Blood Flow Restriction therapy 2 times last week - would not recommend it lol unless you are an athlete. It didn't hurt at all, just weird. The thought behind it is that it helps...
  8. pacosmom

    TKR Muscle spasms<

    The one I got turns off automatically after 15 minutes. So I do 15 minutes and then move the pads another 15 minutes,etc
  9. pacosmom

    TKR Muscle spasms<

    @sbcamp the directions say to put it "around" where the pain/issue is. There are 2 pads on the unit I bought. It's really small and easy to use. When I first got it, I would try and put the pads to the side of where I felt like the spasms were happening. I'm not going to lie, now I put it right...
  10. pacosmom

    TKR svo’s recovery road

    They use frozen water bottles in the machine at my physical therapy I believe. It's a Game Ready machine (I'd kill to have one at home) lol
  11. pacosmom

    TKR It's The HoneyB's Knees

    Oh, that sounds awful, I’m sorry. I got EAFC Pain Releiving Cream. I thought I posted this for you before, but maybe not. I got this from my chiropractor & it really works very well! I rarely take any Advil or Tylenol any more. You can get it on Amazon too. Kind of spendy, but Worth it (works...
  12. pacosmom

    TKR Muscle spasms<

    I bought a little Omron tens unit from Amazon that helps so much with the muscle spasms and, pain, tired, overworked muscles lol it feels so good and was about $40, totally worth it. I use it on my back at times too!
  13. pacosmom

    TKR Incision site

    Glad it's going so well and you can get back to what you love doing! I love hearing these things, give me hope!!
  14. pacosmom

    TKR svo’s recovery road

    Your ROM seems really good for 2 1/2 weeks out - mine is only a little more than that 3 months out! I know doctors don't want to prescribe too much pain meds, but seriously, this is a painful recovery and I can't believe they are hesitant this early on. At my 6 week visit with my OS, he said...
  15. pacosmom

    TKR Knee Revision specialist in the tri state area

    I hope your mom gets good results from all her tests and can find a new surgeon quickly so she can get some relief!
Back
Top Bottom