Recent content by ouch1313

  1. ouch1313

    TKR 18 months post TKR<

    Lizzie, I had my right knee done May, 2018, 14 months ago and there are still things that I can't do. Going down steep inclines is difficult and running is slow but I'm coming along. There isn't a time that I don't think about my knee when I walk but it is much better then before surgery and it...
  2. ouch1313

    TKR Coach’s Recovery, 43 yrs old

    Ceegee, you are 10 months post op TKR and running? I'm 6 months out and don't see running in the near future. Did you do any specific weight training? I'm improving every day it just seems others are so far ahead. I know they say everyone is different just wondering.
  3. ouch1313

    TKR New Knee Me

    Thank you SusieShoes for letting people know that the video I posted was for bursitis and not folks early on from a TKR. I wouldn't want anyone to put any undue stress on their new knee. For myself I have been just icing, resting, compressing and elevating my leg trying to relieve the swelling...
  4. ouch1313

    TKR New Knee Me

    Video removed. I posted a video for bursitis exercises I found on the internet. I has been brought to my attention that these exercises shown were not in line with the BoneSmart philosophy so I removed it. I don't want to compromise anyone's recover. The video was showing exercises for bursitis...
  5. ouch1313

    TKR New Knee Me

    Josephine, thank you for helping me figure out my swelling. I looked on line for how to treat this bursitis. Rest, ice, elevation. Can you offer any additional things I can do? I tried to recall if there was any one single event that could have caused this and indeed there was. I knelt down on...
  6. ouch1313

    TKR New Knee Me

    Bingo!
  7. ouch1313

    TKR New Knee Me

    Josephine, RF1D is where I have swelling. Thank you for the information on the closing procedure. Now I know, very informative. I'm appreciative of your advice. Thank you.
  8. ouch1313

    TKR New Knee Me

    Jockette, I can hear your frustration in your post. I do hope it gets better for you. I too still have this heavy feeling where my knee once was. Like you said a bowling ball. With all this post op frustration I still feel I'm ahead of the game, my knee prior to surgery was not functional and...
  9. ouch1313

    TKR New Knee Me

    I did read the post on this site - https://bonesmart.org/knee/knee-replacement-approaches/ - that explains the TKR procedure and mentions - Once the areas are opened up and the joint capsule is revealed, this (the capsule) is opened with a scalpel. - but there is no mention that after the...
  10. ouch1313

    TKR New Knee Me

    I have had what I would call Irish washer women's knees since the procedure. I had swelling but not like this. This swelling is in one place and can get to be golf ball size.
  11. ouch1313

    TKR New Knee Me

    Just shy of 7 months and still in recovery. I went to surgeon yesterday because of a persistent swelling of the knee. Very localized, anterior, below knee cap, toward outside of leg, but not getting any better. I ice, elevate, take ibuprofen, wear compression sleeve but no relief. The...
  12. ouch1313

    TKR New Knee Me

    Better luck to you Jockette, I hope it goes better for you. It must be very frustrating having gone through this procedure and not having good results.
  13. ouch1313

    TKR New Knee Me

    Is it still weak quads, and calf muscles that need strengthing? If I over exercise it sets me back with pain and swelling so I'm very careful now to moderate exercises but wondering if there are any specific exercise I can ease into to address the downward incline.
  14. ouch1313

    TKR New Knee Me

    Inclines!!! Almost 6 months post op TKR and struggling with inclines, downhill inclines. I'm fine on stairs, well slow and use railing, but any downward incline is just not happening. I'm getting tired of re-routing my walks to avoid them. Even at stores where there is an incline exiting the...
  15. ouch1313

    TKR New Knee Me

    Jacimarble, your procedure was end of July, mine the end of May. Like I mentioned in my post it is getting better and there were no complications from my surgery it is just a marathon. I do believe that if I had this information prior to surgery my expectations for recovery would have been more...
Back
Top Bottom