Recent content by Oomworthy

  1. Oomworthy

    UK-based custom-made TKR date set - May the Fourth be with me

    In about 12 hours time I should be on the home straight - or rather, the surgeon should be. I doubt I'll check-in here again beforehand so I'll see you on the other side.
  2. Oomworthy

    TKR Bring it on!!!

    Glad you're home, but from everything I've read in here and elsewhere, 90deg within a day or so seems highly questionable - especially if it had to be forced like that. I would be dropping the surgeon a note and asking about that.
  3. Oomworthy

    TKR Bring it on!!!

    I missed you posting this at the time. You're sounding in good spirits and it's great to hear that the surgeon is happy with it. I hope you got your pain meds sorted but remember to ask if you need it, don't wait! [edit] Oops! For some reason I didn't see the later posts when I was typing my...
  4. Oomworthy

    TKR Bring it on!!!

    Hooray! Glad it's all gone well so far. Don't be in a rush to get home though; things can change and sometimes they want you in for a bit longer so keep in mind you were expecting to be in for two nights and you'll only be pleasantly surprised if it's less. I've DM'd you (or is it PM in here?)
  5. Oomworthy

    UK-based custom-made TKR date set - May the Fourth be with me

    My only real worry for recovery planning/expectations is that I'm not factoring-in the tiredness and concentration issues. They haven't been a problem for me in the past, but my ops have all been fairly simple ones - just breaks etc. As a couple we are not expecting much help around the house...
  6. Oomworthy

    Mrs Mc's Knee

    I read stories like yours and realise how lucky I am with my knee. Mine has been a long and tedious problem that has affected me in so many ways, but I've almost always been able to manage - one way or another. Hopefully this will be the start of a better phase in your life.
  7. Oomworthy

    3 joint replacements in under 1 year

    That's quite the schedule. As already said, hopefully the doctors all know what's going on and think it's ok for you. I would be asking them to do the other knee as well - whether I needed it or not. Might as well get your loyalty card filled and get the free gift. :heehee: Joking aside: if you...
  8. Oomworthy

    UK-based custom-made TKR date set - May the Fourth be with me

    We can laugh about that, but it's true. After the big crash I had external fixings and when it was time to remove them (6 weeks of hospital bed rest later) I got bumped THREE times from the surgery list. Each time I had fasted from midnight and waited all day for my turn. Each day they came to...
  9. Oomworthy

    TKR The Journey Continues

    Best wishes for the op (if I haven't missed kick off) and hopefully see you in here soon.
  10. Oomworthy

    Bilateral TKR Here we go

    Best wishes for the op. See you in here soon.
  11. Oomworthy

    TKR Bring it on!!!

    We'll be seeing you post in here in a wee while no doubt. Hope all went smoothly in theatre.
  12. Oomworthy

    UK-based custom-made TKR date set - May the Fourth be with me

    Thanks @Jaycey I've plenty of experience with these things so I'll now if they're a mismatched pair. My wife isn't at all familiar and possibly checked the handles looked the same. I haven't actually seen them yet but I still have time to Amazon Prime a replacement set of rubber. Today I had my...
  13. Oomworthy

    UK-based custom-made TKR date set - May the Fourth be with me

    My last few days pre-op and I'm starting to worry that I haven't got my preparation all in order. I'm also trying to get some extra non-op related jobs done to help my wife with her business once I'm out of action. Maybe that's because I'm more in control of the prep than I think I am, but I...
  14. Oomworthy

    Pain from bow legged - where to begin

    Early days, @notbot.
  15. Oomworthy

    Journey Begins

    I'm lucky in that I don't need/take much for my pain so I won't have that 'cold turkey' phase with sudden increase in discomfort. I feel for you though as I know what it's like. focus on why you're doing it and think of the lovely drugs you'll have in a few hours.
Back
Top Bottom