Recent content by Onna123

  1. O

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    @Pewaukee - it's Onna checking in. How are you doing? I just began working with a PT (good referral, avid runner with many awards so I believe he knows hips and movement). He feels my pelvis is off. Helping me with stride --- he feels I have lots of soft tissue build up so he will massage...
  2. O

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    @Irish Joe - thank you again for the encouragement and hopefully others feeling somewhat frustrated will see the value of all your words, too. I will continue to be appreciative for feeling so much better than I felt prior to THR surgery, continue to explore the different avenues for help, and...
  3. O

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    @Pewaukee - think of the progress you are making ! Your bursitis is so much better, you say! I often become discouraged, too, as my progress is far from where I feel it should be. Yes, my bursitis pain is better ! After 9 months I still do not walk properly. As I mentioned in the above post...
  4. O

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    @Irish Joe - thank you for your encouragement. Everyone seems to know exactly what their concerns are and go to either physios, chiropractors, physical therapists, their OS, massage therapists, acupuncturists, etc. Soon I will explore other avenues to improve as was mentioned by another...
  5. O

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    @Mscant well good luck to you - stretching seems to help me with my mobility - seems to loosen me up in the morning and when I stretch throughout the day (when I take the time to!) I am sure your chiropractor is there to help you also as you mentioned. PS - seems like my sneakers with all their...
  6. O

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    @Mscant - thank you for your post last week :-) I will try a chiropractor if things don't improve now that I am in less pain due to the injection. Hopeful to hear stories such as yours. We had our surgeries about the same time as I was July of last year. I seem behind your healing and most...
  7. O

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    Yes -will not use multiple tags. Sorry. Still learning how to communicate properly on this site :-) Bursitis pain is still under control w/last week's injection :-).... It was there for awhile. i Asked about excercises as my left leg (LTHR) still feels far from normal 9 months out although NO...
  8. O

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    Josephine, OUCH!, Pewaukee - my 1st injection ever this past Thursday has brought much relief. My surgeon's PA gave me the injection as once again the OS was not available. He said to update him in a week as sometimes the relief is not long lasting. Positive thoughts it will last. I am now...
  9. O

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    @Josephine - hi Josephine I am meeting w/my surgeon in 2 days for any injection - if you could review the X-rays I sent last Friday and provide any input it would be much appreciated. LLD, proper positioning, is pelvis tilting more (8 months) due to uneven gait/minimal pain?? I the member -...
  10. O

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    @Josephine ~ hello Josephine. I just attempted to send you my xrays to the above e-mail you provided me with. I do hope this information made it to you :-) Warm Regards, Onna123
  11. O

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    @Josephine Thank you for the offer to send the x-rays to the above address. I have not forgotten.
  12. O

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    @Josephine - thank you for the photos of the pelvis - I will try to figure out how to get my X-rays to you on this site. I have the X-ray prior to my THR, 6 week follow-up w/surgeon, and most recent 6 month appt to due the weight bearing pain. My pelvis is tipped more now than after 6 weeks...
  13. O

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    @Jamie thank you - I am in south Florida - West Palm Beach area - my THR was farther south. I don't mind traveling. I believe I am in good hands but like to have a plan as things aren't progressing as I believe they should. Then again - I understand every situation is different. I am seeing...
  14. O

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    Jaycey - Ok - I will wait to hear from Jamie - I do have a surgeon in mind - if 2nd opinion. Yes - surgeon did recommend injection if stretching/massage did not provide good relief. Have a good weekend.
  15. O

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    @Jaycey - Thank you again. Trying the tag - your name did appear in a drop down box. I do appreciate your knowledge - I feel like a bother but you have been helpful w/information I have confidence in. I appreciate knowing your surgeon measured your knees - I mentioned this to the PA as my...
Back
Top Bottom