I'm so glad your trip went well! I suspect you are a favorite Aunt and he will remember these times fondly. I find i can actually be on my feet a fare bit - more than i thought. I suspect your swimming is probably helping build stamina and strength allowing you to do more. Yea not looking...
Hi,
Congrsts on 2 months! I am closing in on 2 months too. At 5 weeks i was told to wait another 3 weeks before getting back into the pool just to make sure my incession is nice and healed. Please up date on how it goes!
Hi,
Interesting this healing process it is. At my 5 week po w os he said as a Dr this visit was easy. I was up and about, walking well w cain ( close to not needing it) and no pain. At where they want me to be. Then he said the next couple of months are more difficult because eveyone progesses...
I bought a memory foam pillow to sit on. I take it everywhere! Recliner, bar stool, patio chair and even in the car. First time i got in the car after surgery i told my husband no way! Please go get my pillow. Made me feel like i could go anywhere and be comfortable.
It really sounds like she is progressing! Those first days are daunting but each day it seems things get a little better! I got a memory foam cushion to sit on and it made a huge difference.
Hang in there! Your mom is very lucky to have you!
Got to control pain- no way anyone is getting good sleep if in pain. I had no problems taking the full cocktail of meds. Them started tapering....
Then i did just enough during the day. After the first week i really tried to keep napping to bare min.
Moving in on 4 weeks po!
Wow it has been an interesting ride.
Week 1: i do believe in pain meds and ice! Yep!
24 hrs after surgery i accidently took extra dose of oxy instead of tylenol. Def NOT recommending BUT it cut the pain. Immediately got back on correct schedule and have been "pain free"...
Hi Holiday,
I guess our surgery dates are pretty close as mine was done on the 31st. My pt lady is very good and says a big part of the length difference is due to inflammation. Need to let all that fluid work its way out and the swelling decrease. It does seem to make difference.She is pushing...
Hi,
Sounds like things are going well! I am just a little behind you @ 5days with the new hip. No major pain but little twinges/ throbbing today. I too am trying to cut down on the oxy as yesterday i had no pain and just felt druggy. Good luck and hope things continue to progress positively.
I think this Halloween i hit the jackpot! I got both! Hubs stopped for candy and i got the hip!
Surgery was scheduled for 7:30am but being first one i think they got the party started a tad early. Hubs got the text i was finished at 8:10am.
Cleared all the boxes ( and the nurse even snuck in...
Hi Tazmanian,
Sounds like you are doing well! I am 1 week away from LHR so have been watching your journey as I am just behind you. I too have been trying to exercise (swimming a mile every other day) as much as possible hoping it will help recovery. What would be your '"I wish i had know words...
Eman85,
I completely agree! I feel like to a certain extent i have adapted how and when i do things. Almost to the point where im thinking this is ok. BUT then the sleep...that is def the deal breaker. I nap much more because im am just tired from not getting good sleep. If this makes sleep pain...
Hi mojo333,
Gosh life without hip pain? That hope is why we are willing to do this. Luckly, swimming has not bothered my hip. I have started swimming this past month for exactly that reason. To give me some upper body strength before surgery. Thank you for the encouragement!
Hi djklaugh,
Thank you for all the information and encouragement! I guess all one can hope for is there are no surprises and things heal in their time. I guess in 20 days we will see!
Thank you!
Hi, left thr scheduled for Oct 31. Just had my 3 week assesment.Told I was a candidate for same day discharge. My OS uses lateralanterior approach because he said that was how he was trained. Does anyone know if the muscles are cut or spared using this approach? It seems not the most common...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.