Recent content by Ogbournestandrew

  1. O

    Going to have to walk the talk

    Good luck. I found this amazing forum 2 weeks before my TKR in December '14. The prep this site gave was a game changer and my cyro cuff became my best friend. Middle of the night blues was a real problem for me but being aware that this might happen really helped. Love the idea of longer iPad...
  2. O

    Patella Re-Surfacing

    Hi I had a complex TC3 TKR(R) in December 2013. My recovery was very good in terms of flexibility, range of movement and level of activity achieved. Unfortunately, Since May/June I have had terrible problems with discomfort and pain below the kneecap. It appears that the patellar is not tracking...
  3. O

    TKR Cue Barry Manilow......

    Josephine ..I am so sorry that I have completely failed to respond to your post. I thought that I sent the reply to the diagram but I did not see the other questions below. Please accept my apologies. The area of pain is located at DRF2 to ERF1. At the end of last week this was diagnosed as...
  4. O

    TKR Cue Barry Manilow......

    It's been a while since I posted on here but things have been pretty good. First post op hospital visit included an X-ray and all looked good. Back to driving about 2 weeks ago and.........the last week has felt like a real backward step. The lower part of my knee joint feels like it wants to...
  5. O

    TKR Cue Barry Manilow......

    Update and quick question.... Now four weeks post op and it seems healing is going well. I am off the crutches and walk around pretty well unaided. My knee swells when I get to a certain level of activity so I listen to it ice it whenever required still. Nigh times are a lot better with two...
  6. O

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Not sure if I am in the right place here but...clips came out yesterday at 13 days post op. Swelling down a lot and walking a few steps.
  7. O

    TKR Cue Barry Manilow......

    Thank you for your replies. It seems to have been nefopram that was causing the nausea. I have stuck to paracetamol and brufen for 36 hours and feel better. Starting to look forward to Christmas! Have a great time.
  8. O

    TKR Cue Barry Manilow......

    1 week post op and I have had a bad few days. Nighttime blues, zero appetite and awful meds side effects. I have eliminated the bad meds now I think but the 4am sleepless part is not a nice place to be. Undoubtedly feeling sorry for myself a bit too much and have had to give myself a few talking...
  9. O

    TKR Cue Barry Manilow......

    Claire cryo cuff is a compression fitting that you fill and empty with iced water from a connected water barrel. It is a superb way of applying ice all around the knee. My swelling is less today because of it. £100 on Amazon. Meds a a cocktail of codeine, paracetamol, ibruprofen and nefopam...
  10. O

    TKR Cue Barry Manilow......

    I came home today and I believe the stapes from my previous surgery were removed. My pain is pretty good today too. Knee bending to 90 degrees. Cryo cuff working hard.
  11. O

    TKR Cue Barry Manilow......

    Claire, I think I was not bearing weight until about 6 weeks with my osteotmies. The first one was ridiculously painful but the 2 nod one less so. I have found a much, much greater degree of swelling with the TKR. Presumably that is because there is more trauma to the whole joint. It is the...
  12. O

    TKR Cue Barry Manilow......

    Meds sorted. Lovely shower this morning. Knee bend at 67 degrees this pm. Still looks like I have a balloon inflated in my leg though. Nurse! Ice please?
  13. O

    TKR Cue Barry Manilow......

    Thanks everybody. Struggling to get meds right still. Knee feels like it wants to burst open. Not helped by three of those leg jerks when you are dropping off ..all on my RTKR! The straighter leg element is causing the pain I think because the inside of the leg feels all stretched out compared...
  14. O

    TKR Cue Barry Manilow......

    Looks Like We Made It! A long day yesterday and a longer night but starting to realise what the next few days,weeks are to be like....slow! Femoral block still in around op site but even with the swelling I can see that I have a pretty straight leg. Yahoo! Thanking for the thoughts yesterday.
  15. O

    What to expect?

    Two weeks ago, I started to really worry about my op (RTKR) and ignorance was at the root of the concern. Having found this forum, read it avidly and posted a few questions I am now pretty relaxed about this coming Friday. Many thanks to all of you who replied to my questions and for the dozens...
Back
Top Bottom