Recent content by Ocean

  1. Ocean

    THR Ocean’s second hip recovery

    Hello again, today is the one year anniversary of my second hip replacement. I’m doing well and I’m so grateful to have had my operations. I still go to the gym to do the strengthening exercises that the physio gave me, there’s a nice pool there and sometimes I join in the aqua exercise classes...
  2. Ocean

    THR Ocean’s recovery story.

    Hello everyone, it’s a year since my first hip op and I thought that I’d just check in with you all. This forum was so much help and company during my recoveries and I think of you often and have a little read now and then. I’m doing well, I go to the gym with a programme given by the physio...
  3. Ocean

    Hip Infection* problem

    I’m so sorry for your loss, thinking of you and sending condolences xx
  4. Ocean

    Revision THR Revision done

    I hope that your recovery goes smoothly and that you are comfortable. As @Mojo333 said, my foot turned in after the right THR. The physiotherapist mentioned it when they first came to get me out of bed after the op. She said that I must concentrate on making it go straight or it would result in...
  5. Ocean

    THR Can’t put sock on operated leg 9 weeks post THR

    Well, I think I’m right behind here because I can’t put my sock on either side yet at six months (right) and nine months (left) from my surgeries. It doesn’t bother me because lots of other things are better so I’ll just keep trying.
  6. Ocean

    THR LaKarune's Journey Back to the Dance Floor - Recovery Thread

    Congratulations on your new hip x
  7. Ocean

    THR Pre-op, anxious and alone

    Hello, I’m glad that you found us because now you aren’t alone, we’ll be with you all the way. I know the worry about complications afterwards and it’s easy to let those thoughts take over but really I have found this surgery so amazing. For me the discomfort afterwards wasn’t on the same...
  8. Ocean

    THR Approaches input: Direct Anterior vs. Direct Superior with Dual Mobility cup (aka Superpath)

    For both my hips I had spinal with light general anaesthetic, that’s what the surgeon and anaesthetist preferred so I went with that although they said that I could have sedation instead if I really wanted it. Both times I woke up quickly, no sickness or wooziness.
  9. Ocean

    THR Rick’s new hip!

    Congratulations on your new hip
  10. Ocean

    THR questions about Hip replacements

    So, to be absolutely honest I think this is unrealistic. Lifting boxes and sitting for a long time driving will be too much, in my opinion. Of course, he might be a superhuman recoverer, but if he’s not then you need a backup plan.
  11. Ocean

    THR MeowWoofMomma's Recovery Thread

    @MeowWoofMomma, I didn’t get a parts card for my hips, I think they’re all stored electronically on our records now.
  12. Ocean

    THR MeowWoofMomma's Recovery Thread

    My Mum had a hip replacement in 2000 and still has a card she was given with the details and serial numbers of her new parts.
  13. Ocean

    THR And now the healing begins

    Happy anniversary xx
  14. Ocean

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    @Gloucestergal65, the gardens are close to me, I live in Swansea and it’s a lovely day out to the gardens.
  15. Ocean

    THR Right hip replacement Feb 28th

    I would say that if you are in pain, take a schedule of painkillers, at only 4weeks there is no need to be stopping pain relief. Even though you had hoped to be off them by now, it’s not helping you to be in pain. Are you icing?
Back
Top Bottom