Recent content by NWMSU42

  1. NWMSU42

    PKR PKR -Right Medial

    Thank you! I'm actually doing my kickboxing circuit at full strength. My knee feels fine when working out, but I do still wear a knee brace when working out for additional strength.
  2. NWMSU42

    PKR PKR -Right Medial

    Hello Red Rider! I'm sorry it took so long for me to see your post. My knee is doing great! Some minor pain at times, but I've been using the heck out of it...so the minor pain is probably self inflicted :) I'm back to my kickboxing class four times a week and I'm doing 3 miles a day, seven...
  3. NWMSU42

    PKR PKR -Right Medial

    Hello RedRider! I'm doing pretty good. I'm 10 weeks out now, I've had my flexion at 150 for a few weeks. I honestly thought I'd be more active by now though. I haven't been able to work out on my treadmill or do much of anything exercise related/extra curricular activities. I do the...
  4. NWMSU42

    PKR PKR -Right Medial

    Thank you Gatornet :) My pain seems to be at the implant (medial area) as well as in my knee cap. I'm having some knee cap tracking issues, so that might be adding to my pain. It's weird, I'll have days where I feel great...and then days like today, where I feel like I'm only a week out of...
  5. NWMSU42

    PKR PKR -Right Medial

    Hello all! I haven't posted since my surgery. I had my PKR the morning of May 20th. The surgery went great, I didn't have any cartilage left on my medial femoral condyle (except where the zimmer plug was). After the surgery was a real mess! I'll have more on that later when I have more...
  6. NWMSU42

    PKR PKR -Right Medial

    Thanks Pippi :) Your story sounds just like mine! I'm relieved to know that the cortisone shot helped you, makes me feel better about what my OS wants to do...I still plan on asking him about other options though. My pre-op testing is tomorrow morning. Gotta get back to work, see you...
  7. NWMSU42

    PKR PKR -Right Medial

    I appreciate your response Celle :) Unfortunately, my doctor won't do a TKR on me, he says I'm too young and the damage is only to the medial compartment. I trust him and I agree with the PKR, I don't want him cutting part of my knee if there's nothing wrong with it :)
  8. NWMSU42

    PKR PKR -Right Medial

    Do you know the name of the OS who operated on your friend? Mine is Dr. Robert Paul.
  9. NWMSU42

    PKR PKR -Right Medial

    Thanks Josephine for your comments and advice, it's so nice to have the help of an actual nurse on this forum. Thank you for the article on the injection, I'm glad that I was wrong as far as what I'd heard...but either way, it sounds like the injection will just delay the inevitable. I'm going...
  10. NWMSU42

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    May 20th PKR right knee :)
  11. NWMSU42

    PKR PKR -Right Medial

    Hello All! I've been reading this site for about a month now, just decided to join and post. I love how everyone is so helpful and encouraging to each other. Here's my story...I'm a 33 year old active male with osteo-arthritis. I had Denovo NT surgery done on my right knee in September of...
Back
Top Bottom