Recent content by Nuknee2018

  1. Nuknee2018

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Here is my knee at 2 weeks post surgery and 3 weeks post surgery. I am told it all looks good! I say beauty is in the eye of the beholder! ;)
  2. Nuknee2018

    TKR In recovery and in pain!

    Hi all thought I’d just update on my recovery. I am 20 days post-op and feeling much better, except that I developed some tendinitis in my non-involved right foot. I’ve been icing it as well and trying to put more /full weight on my involved leg when walking to reduce my other foot strain. I...
  3. Nuknee2018

    TKR Marie’s TKR Journey

    Hi @InkedMarie As I recall we had our TKR on the same day. It sounds like you are doing well. I am not yet at 0 extension. That is the bit that hurts the most when in PT - just letting my knee drop with gravity as my foot is elevated Glad to see you making good progress!
  4. Nuknee2018

    TKR In recovery and in pain!

    Hi @SusieShoes @Celle Here are the answers to the questions - apologies for the delay here My surgery date was August 27 2018 (start of week 3 post-op recovery) Left TKR (20 years after an ACL repair and torn medial meniscus following a bad skiing accident) Allergies: all non steroidal...
  5. Nuknee2018

    TKR In recovery and in pain!

    I have a new question: do these new metal knees conduct hot and cold? While I was icing my knee today it felt as if maybe cold inside my knee was causing pain? It is always hard to decipher exactly what in my knee is hurting. But I had an instinct to warm my knee to stop this particular “cold...
  6. Nuknee2018

    TKR In recovery and in pain!

    I am now 12 days post op on my left TKR. The first few were definitely difficult and I indistrd on staying in the hospital 3 nights post op because I wanted to ensure my pain was under control and knew they could give stronger pain meds while in the hospital. I can manage pain when I control...
  7. Nuknee2018

    TKR In recovery and in pain!

    I am allergic (anaphylactic response) so am taking Percocet and Dilaudid. I think I need a higher dose. My pain continues at a high level. Is anyone else allergic to aspirin? If yes what are you taking? What dose?
  8. Nuknee2018

    2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    @InkedMarie Hi. We will have to stay in touch as we progress. I was told my insurance initially denied cover so not sure it’s going to happen now. But my doc did dictate an appeal to send. Time is ticking!
  9. Nuknee2018

    2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Hi fellow August hot shots I am scheduled for a left TKR on Aug 27. I am told be ready to feel like I was hit by a Mac truck so worried about the pain. I remember my ACL and medial meniscus surgery back in the 80’s and was miserable during the recovery so now am preparing in advance! I am...
Back
Top Bottom