Recent content by North East Man

  1. N

    Revision THR Resurfacing problem I have had

    @Josephine, Good morning Josephine, Jaycey,Miaow27 & all the other lovely people who've taken an interest in the problems I've had since my Hip Resurfacing operation in 2009. IT is good news for me at last as I had my Psoas Release operation at Sunderland Royal two days ago & no longer have that...
  2. N

    Revision THR Resurfacing problem I have had

    @Josephine Hi Josephine & the other interested visitors to Bonesmart. I have an appointment for day surgery on May 24th but I first have to get checked out on the 17th to make sure I'm fit enough for the operation. I'm really looking forward to the operation & hopefully I will be able to walk...
  3. N

    Revision THR Resurfacing problem I have had

    @Josephine Good morning Josephine, Jaycey and all the others who have followed my Posts. I was at Hospital yesterday to see Orthopaedic Consultant Mr G Dekiewiet & he asked how the Psoas injection had went. I told him it cured my back ache & his reply was that he thinks he knows the problem...
  4. N

    Revision THR Resurfacing problem I have had

    @Josephine. Sorry for the delay updating you all. I have had the Psoas injection & the constant back ache I've had whilst upright & walking around disappeared within mins. I now have an appointment with Orthopaedic Consultant Mr G Dekiewiet in early April. Even though the injection fixed my...
  5. N

    Revision THR Resurfacing problem I have had

    @Josephine, Hello again Josephine & Jacey, Thanks for your replies. I went on Wed to see Mr G Dekiewiet but instead his assistant came & did all the various tests on my leg/hip & questioned me where the pain is in my lumbar region. I told him when I press on my spine I cant feel any pain in the...
  6. N

    Revision THR Resurfacing problem I have had

    @Josephine, Hello again Josephine & the other interested visitors to this Forum. Sorry for the delay in passing on further information. After my hip was injected , my constant back ache disappeared proving it is referred pain from the hip. About 6 weeks ago I went for my appointment hoping to...
  7. N

    Revision THR Resurfacing problem I have had

    @Josephine. Hi Josephine & all those who have taken great interest in my problem hip. All the best to you all for 2016. I hope Josephine's knee is well. To remind you all I had the 2009 fitted malaligned resurfaced hip replaced with a THR by Mr Nanu in November 2014. Then early December 2015...
  8. N

    Revision THR Resurfacing problem I have had

    Thanks Josepine. I will do as you say haha. Thank you for your kind words Lynn. I hope your second operation goes well. Yes you are right about Josephine, she's a star & gives real medical advice after a career in Nursing. Best wishes & I will keep you all informed of my progress.
  9. N

    Revision THR Resurfacing problem I have had

    @Josephine Hi Josephine, and all you other interested regulars who've followed this thread. Yesterday I had a consultation with Mr Nanu . He showed my wife & I the X-rays of the dislocated hip & also the one showing it back in place. He said the hip is back in place and properly seated. He had...
  10. N

    Revision THR Resurfacing problem I have had

    @Josephine Hello Josephine and everyone else who has been following this thread. To remind you I had the operation in November and 3 weeks later the Hip suddenly dislocated as I sat on the sofa which had been heightened with extra cushions which probably caused it. The hip wasn't put back...
  11. N

    Revision THR Resurfacing problem I have had

    :thankyou:@Josephine Hi Josephine and all the regulars who have followed my thread which goes back a couple of years now. It's nearly 8 weeks since my revised hip dislocated. How time flies! At the end of the 6th week I felt an improvement and I think it was because I had just resumed taking my...
  12. N

    Revision THR Resurfacing problem I have had

    @Josephine Hi Josephine, thanks again for explaining difficulties sometime experienced when putting the hip back in place. Maybe mine was difficult as well? . Now I know why I am taking a long time to heal. I will certainly keep you all updated and hope my thread has been helpful to others...
  13. N

    Revision THR Resurfacing problem I have had

    @Josephine Hi Josephine, I hope you are well after your knee operation. Thank you for your (as usual) invaluable advice . I actually spoke to Mr Nanu's Secretary a few days ago and told her my concerns. She told me her boss is on holiday for two weeks. She was reluctant to make an appointment...
  14. N

    Revision THR Resurfacing problem I have had

    @Josephine. I hope you are well after your knee operation Josephine. Also Hello again to all the lovely people who have followed this thread . It is just over 5 weeks since my dislocated hip was put back in place and I am still getting a lot of pain . It frightens me in case it is will...
  15. N

    Revision THR Resurfacing problem I have had

    @Josephine. Thank you Josephine, Alex, Poppet, Jacey and other regulars that have followed this thread. I will certainly update you all on my progress which may be worthwhile information for others having similar problems. I forgot to mention that there is always a chance it may dislocate again...
Back
Top Bottom