Recent content by Norsk

  1. N

    TKR Norsk's Post-Op

    Hei @tinwoodwoman! I bought a very thin memory foam pillow to put between my knees and bruised calves so I can sleep on my side. Started out scissor-legged with the pillow, but now that the bruises are less, I can use the pillow to stack my legs for a short period of time. Although I flip-flop...
  2. N

    TKR Norsk's Post-Op

    Four weeks in, and today I was discharged from home PT. My therapist was great, respectful of discomfort vs pain and actually made the sessions fun. The experience was not as bad as I expected. Whew! I am ahead of my expected progress and have made ROM goals of 120 and 0 degrees. It wasn't too...
  3. N

    TKR Norsk's Post-Op

    Thank you, everyone. Overall, my transition to home has been uneventful and it makes my day to have connections here at BoneSmart. @Stagbrook, Thank you for the encouragement. The connections made through this forum do help us all keep a healthy perspective. I appreciate that you dropped in and...
  4. N

    TKR Norsk's Post-Op

    Hello BoneSmarties, So here it is, day 3 at home after my right knee replacement. So far, everything is going surprisingly well. Here's a quick rundown of my experience so far: I was the first scheduled surgery of the day last Tuesday, so I had to drink Gatorade between 3 and 4 am. and then get...
  5. N

    TKR Norsk's Pre-Op

    @kneeper, I can see more of what the role of the PT is through your response, and I am relieved that it can be a mutually respected partnership. I had the impression that they were there only to force you past your comfort zone in order to meet their goals, but it seems that some will listen and...
  6. N

    TKR Norsk's Post-Op

    I'm setting up my other side for next week. See you then.
  7. N

    TKR Norsk's Pre-Op

    Questions about PT: I'm getting worried about PT and my OS--I've read a lot of posts about people who have refused PT because it is often too aggressive and causes more pain and swelling. This has caused many of you either to not allow the PT to push your leg or to not go to PT outside the...
  8. N

    TKR Norsk's Pre-Op

    Okay, everyone who responded to my question about walkers vs. rollators: I'm leaning toward the walker now! Thank you for your comments and advice. It is much appreciated!
  9. N

    TKR Norsk's Pre-Op

    Thank you, Jockette, for weighing in on this. I appreciate you sharing your experiences. You brought up some very good details to consider, and I definitely will consider them as I think through this.
  10. N

    TKR Left TKR recovery

    Hi DogMama, I'm going to follow your posts as you go boldly ahead of me in your recovery. I'll be standing behind you, cheering you on and wishing you the best in your recovery. I, too, am a dog person. I hope you are able to connect with your pup, Angus, in all the best ways, whether it be to...
  11. N

    TKR Norsk's Pre-Op

    Hello, BoneSmarties, My surgery date is coming up soon and I am glad to say that most of my preparations at the Gimp Hotel (my house) are in place. It's been a multi-faceted effort handling first all the prep and equipment ordering for my dog's knee surgery, and then my own, but all is going...
  12. N

    Bilateral TKR Tin Woodwoman's Twofer

    Hey, tinwoodwoman, I'm dropping in to wish you a great bilateral surgery and the best first couple of days in recovery until you can again be here to give us updates. I'll be thinking of you every day, with an eye on the forum for your return. You can absolutely do this, but if you have a down...
  13. N

    TKR I did it!!

    Hey Cococay, I'll share with you what I'm telling myself, tongue-in-cheek, still pre-op: "When it gets tough, the tough get tougher." What I mean is...Advocate for yourself and take strength in that. You and your care team will find the sweet spot between your listening to others and doing what...
  14. N

    TKR Norsk's Pre-Op

    Kjære tinwoodwoman, I am so happy to have another "Norskhjerte" here! I am American, too, but jeg elske Norge med alle min hjerte. I have had a very long-standing relationship (since early high school) with Norwegian history and culture. I've only been there once (to practice the language and do...
  15. N

    TKR Norsk's Pre-Op

    Tuesday, Feb 16. Hello everyone, I am scheduled for a March 30 total (right) knee replacement. My first major surgery and first stay in a hospital. At some point, I'll need to have the left knee replaced, too. I've been dealing with progressive bone-on-bone and pain in both knees for a very...
Back
Top Bottom