Recent content by Nonna2017

  1. N

    TKR 4 weeks out<

    Well, had my PT eval last Wednesday. Had not been doing much other than walking, so wasn't too surprised that my flex was only 90 and extension was 10. They gave me some stretches to do lying down and I guess I over did it. The next day I paid for it--took it easy for a couple of days and I'm...
  2. N

    TKR 4 weeks out<

    Thanks Josephine, I'll follow your suggestions. I decided to go with my husband to Academy and probably was there too long. I'm laying down now with my leg elevated and iced! After I had walked down a couple of aisles holding onto the cart, I started feeling a bit sick at my stomach and...
  3. N

    TKR 4 weeks out<

    GI Jane- thanks for the words of support. I think the past couple of days have been the worst emotionally for me. I really thought I would be back to normal by now, at least back to work part time. I have worked for my boss for 46 years--we just brought on extra help about 5 years ago and he...
  4. N

    TKR 4 weeks out<

    Josephine-- 1. Between 3 & 6 -- depends on how active I am 2. Norco 5/325. I'm taking 1 every 5-7 hours 3. A little bit more than moderate 4. When home PT measured it a week ago, flexion was 100. She didn't measure extension just said it was great. I'm pretty straight 5. I'm icing several...
  5. N

    TKR 4 weeks out<

    I am doing heat on my back, also my calf. I thought that might help with the achy feeling
  6. N

    TKR 4 weeks out<

    I've been good about ice and elevation today, so swelling hasn't been bad. Only did a few exercises today--heel slides and a couple of standing exercises. I also walked 3 times--about 10 minutes each time. Knee still feels tight, but I know that's par for the course from what I've read. One...
  7. N

    TKR 4 weeks out<

    Josephine, ask away and thanks for your concern
  8. N

    TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

    9 hours of sleep?!? What is that? I wake about every 2 hours. I'm really looking forward to a good nights sleep. I,too, turn to BoneSmart to see what's going on and look for answers to all my questions
  9. N

    TKR 4 weeks out<

    I know what you mean about being tired. I'm napping in the afternoon too. And not sleeping well--I wake up about every two hours. I think I might be trying to turn over and my knee wakes me up. Sitting has been difficult also. My knee feels very heavy and achy. Even sitting at the dining...
  10. N

    TKR 4 weeks out<

    Thanks for the support. I have a great boss and I'm able to do quite a bit of work from home. He's very understanding since he has had both of his knees replaced. I am anxious about the physical therapy--hope I get a gentle therapist
  11. N

    TKR 4 weeks out<

    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has shared their stories. I thought I was prepared for this, but the pain really took me by surprise. I started having problems with my left knee in September 2016. I was walking into my office when my left leg just wasn't there! I mentioned it...
Back
Top Bottom