Recent content by nkl811

  1. N

    TKR Foot turns in ( pigeon toed) after TKR

    Hi all, I am nearing the 8 month mark following my TKR. I am functional, I have full range of motion. I can walk 3 miles, and did 20,000 steps in one day at Disney last week! An issue I have had from the start was my left foot turning in after my TKR. The PT noticed this. She thought it might...
  2. N

    TKR Foot turns in ( pigeon toed) after TKR

    Thanks for the feedback. I didn’t know if kneecap pain was normal . I was worried that my PT said my knee cap was tilted so I was worried about an alignment issue. I guess I’ll stay patient and keep it going and rest as much as possible and listen to my body.
  3. N

    TKR Foot turns in ( pigeon toed) after TKR

    By squats I didn’t mean with weights. More like wall sit or modified squats not even to 90 degrees. Doing stairs I feel this kneecap pain as well. I walk plenty and am on my feet a lot - I am a high school volleyball coach . Just wondering if anyone else has felt this at this stage and if it...
  4. N

    TKR Foot turns in ( pigeon toed) after TKR

    Just checking in. I’m at 2 months now. Range of motion is great-137. Since my swelling went down, I’m having pain under my knee cap when I work on squats or stairs up or down. PT thought it could be weakness in my quads. Upon further examination , we realized my knee cap is tilted a bit which...
  5. N

    TKR Foot turns in ( pigeon toed) after TKR

    I’m just checking in at the 4 week mark. Ive been back to coaching my high school volleyball camps but have to sit quite a bit. I am a the varsity coach . I walk without the cane unless it’s a long distance. My therapy is going well. I’m at 122 degrees flexion snd got to ride the stationary...
  6. N

    TKR Foot turns in ( pigeon toed) after TKR

    Thanks so much for the replies . I was concerned because it just showed up in Day 6. Good to know it’s normal. I’m icing a lot and keeping my leg elevated on the wedge whenever I am sitting or lying down . I think that has really helped with the pain. I have such a bad reaction to pain meds in...
  7. N

    TKR Foot turns in ( pigeon toed) after TKR

    I had my dressing change yesterday and the aqua cell pack removed. Today I pulled down the support hose and saw a large amount of bruising that wasn’t there yesterday . Is this normal? I’m Day 6 post op . I tried posting a picture but keep getting an error message. Thanks!
  8. N

    TKR Foot turns in ( pigeon toed) after TKR

    Thanks! I’ve read all these awesome articles. Thank you for all the great info on this site
  9. N

    TKR Foot turns in ( pigeon toed) after TKR

    The fact that I wasn’t able to bend it for 48 hours probably helped me to avoid narcotics. I was in plenty of pain getting in and out of bed to use the bathroom. Especially when they insisted I take stool softeners even though I refused the Norco. It lead to many trips to the bathroom with...
  10. N

    TKR Foot turns in ( pigeon toed) after TKR

    I had surgery Wednesday6/27. It went well. I was immobilized for 48 hours post op with a heavy dressing with no bending allowed to allow incision to heal. I have multiple scars close to the new one that the OS was concerned about. I had PT each day with the heavy dressing from upper thigh to...
  11. N

    2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    June 27 Left TKR. Chicago suburbs. So glad I found this forum !
  12. N

    First time TKR June 27

    Hi, I am having a TKR on my left knee in June 27. I am from the Chicago suburbs. I have had 3 surgeries over 30 years ago, LCL, MCL, ACL. I have spent over 30 years with stability issues. I played college volleyball and tore ligaments and meniscus. My knee was functional to work out and walk...
Back
Top Bottom