Recent content by Nivea

  1. N

    TKR Second Knee Replacement Done

    Thanks Layla. Glad my knees are well on their way for full recovery. It also means I have more time for the sweet kisses for Liam we met him 3 hours after birth and instantly fell in love. Same to you, enjoy your summer.
  2. N

    TKR Second Knee Replacement Done

    Thanks! Grandchildren are the best. Glad you had a good visit with your grandson. I have zero pain walking and we walk our neighborhood a lot. I still have 4 months until my 1 year with my right knee and my doc is pleased, no reason to go back unless I feel the need.
  3. N

    TKR Second Knee Replacement Done

    Hi! Haven’t been here in quite sometime. Things are going well and wanted to say that I had my 1 year check, a little early, for my left knee and a check for my right knee. I received a clean bill of health, all the way around. I don’t need to go back for 2 years. As many of us know, TKRs...
  4. N

    TKR Second Knee Replacement Done

    Thank you, Layla, 2024 is starting out much better than 2023 and hopefully, will continue. I seem to be doing well and forget, at times, I have 2 new knees. I still have IT issues on my right knee and it hurts to bend too far. My OS was not concerned when I saw him at 6 weeks and don’t see...
  5. N

    TKR Second Knee Replacement Done

    Thank you, Layla. For me, my knee replacement(s) journey is better than I had anticipated. I understand that everyone is different, all knees are different and feel very blessed to have had an uneventful recovery. This isn’t to say it has been easy, by any stretch. I have had a hip...
  6. N

    TKR Benne68’s TKR #2 Recovery

    Happy to hear you are on the other side. Rest up as the busy holidays will be here soon. Take it easy and let everyone else do things!
  7. N

    TKR Second Knee Replacement Done

    Thank you, @mendogal. It’s been rough but will get through it with my family.
  8. N

    TKR Second Knee Replacement Done

    Exaclty, @sistersinhim. I haven’t been measured at all, my OS has looked to see what I can do at both my check ups and he’s pleased. I honestly was walking around and didn’t remember I had replacements! Now, the stairs reminded me, not pain wise, but I have to go down one step at a time and...
  9. N

    TKR Second Knee Replacement Done

    Went away for a couple of days and my knee did very well. We were doing a lot of walking, as well as up and down stairs. I can go up regular way, foot over foot but coming downstairs is a whole different ballgame. My knee tonight seems fine, no extra swelling. I am pleased as to how this...
  10. N

    TKR Second Knee Replacement Done

    Had my 6 week check up this week with the OS. It all went well and doctor was pleased. He gave me an A+, continue to do what I am doing which is ADL, at this point. He said it will just keep getting better on its own, nothing special is needs to be done. If it hurts, don’t do it, basically...
  11. N

    TKR Second Knee Replacement Done

    Thanks, Layla. Hope you and your family had a blessed Thanksgiving. Ours was wonderful and have been relaxing yesterday and today. No shopping for us out of the house, online only. We have a small family so it’s quite easy. I seem to be doing well and managing all that I need to do. I...
  12. N

    TKR Second Knee Replacement Done

    Thanks @Jockette for looking after me. I know, I actually vacuumed last week too (don’t smack me! LOL). This is what I did for my left knee as well. I am now in the recliner with a cup of tea on this lousy Friday afternoon. You and the rest of the BoneSmart staff & community are the best ❤️
  13. N

    TKR Second Knee Replacement Done

    @mendogal Thanks for the kind words. I am basically following what my OS’s protocol is and that is to use the knee. Of course, take it easy and don’t overdue but my PT is using it. He has said to go out, get out of the house, if you can. So, both TKRs, I did just that. I was 2 days post...
  14. N

    TKR Second Knee Replacement Done

    It is a cool, drizzly day but had a follow up appointment today with the oral surgeon. Everything is fine now but wants to see me again in 3 weeks. We ran a couple of errands while out and then home. After lunch I vacuumed, did a load of laundry and now will be in the recliner the rest of the...
  15. N

    TKR Second Knee Replacement Done

    Had my 2 week post op visit yesterday, all went well. OS was very pleased with how things look and how I am doing. It was a nice day out as we are 1.5 hours from the docs office but near our son & daughter in law, so was able to see our daughter in law. Our daughter in law works from home...
Back
Top Bottom