Recent content by NimbleKnee

  1. NimbleKnee

    TKR The right knee this time

    It’s been a little over 4 months since the knee replacement. We took a trip and I could easily hike a bit over 3 miles/ 5 km in hilly terrain to go view a waterfall, among many other shorter hikes I was able to enjoy. Woohoo! No pain at all, and I took it at a slow, comfortable pace. My quality...
  2. NimbleKnee

    TKR The right knee this time

    Roughly two and a half months post surgery Nothing drastically new to report. Flexion is still at 113. It would be nice if that were a bit better, but it’s enough for me to do most things easily. I will be ending formal PT in a couple of weeks. Still seeing slow but steady progress. Now...
  3. NimbleKnee

    TKR The right knee this time

    Update post appointment with OS: He was pleased with my progress. He thinks I will likely see improved flexion over time but that what I have now is pretty good, (roughly 110-113). He said the road trip this summer should be fine as long as I take lots of breaks from sitting in the car. He said...
  4. NimbleKnee

    TKR The right knee this time

    2 months out from surgery Doing pretty well. Some days I still overdo it or sit too much in one stretch, then my leg starts to hurt or swell. To be expected…I’m trying to listen to my body, but often I ignore it until it’s yelling at me, instead of listening to its whispers of complaint. Icing...
  5. NimbleKnee

    TKR The right knee this time

    @DizzyBlond . Thank you for the kind words. Some of my experience might just be specific to my situation, but here are a few things we did that worked well, especially since this wasn’t my first rodeo (knee #2): For the ice machine, which was provided to me from the hospital, we bought small...
  6. NimbleKnee

    TKR The right knee this time

    Week 7 Not for the first time, but this past week I practiced poor judgement and as a result ended up in the Over Did It Club (ODIC). My desire to get back into the swing of things overwhelmed my common sense and my willingness to listen to my body. Now I'm paying the price. Ouch! What did I...
  7. NimbleKnee

    TKR The right knee this time

    Week 6 Sleep is pretty much back to normal. Most nights I get at least 7 hrs. This is wonderful. I am so thankful. Continuing stretching and bending exercises. This week at my PT appointment I had 4 extension and 103 flexion. This was after some massage and warm up exercises led by the...
  8. NimbleKnee

    TKR The right knee this time

    Week 5 Sleep is slowly coming back to normal. I’ll have 2-3 days of 6 or more hours sleep, then a night of just 3-4. It’s ok, not perfect but getting better. My OS cleared me to drive, as long as it feels safe, so I drove around the block in the middle of a weekday to test it out. Not bad, I...
  9. NimbleKnee

    TKR The right knee this time

    Haha! Too funny! But yes I know what you mean. I’ve been knitting up a storm, even got a couple of items finished from my stash of Works in Progress, so some good is coming out of being bored! Today I did my first outpatient PT. Not too bad. She is focused on my stretching and although there...
  10. NimbleKnee

    TKR Kiwicurls TKR 27 Feb 2024

    I don’t know if it is the case in NZ, but here where I am it is allowed for an opposite sex helper to accompany a disabled person into the bathroom. Very easy if it is a single room as well rather than multiple stalls. Perhaps your husband could help you get up and down when you are traveling? I...
  11. NimbleKnee

    TKR The right knee this time

    4 weeks since surgery Definite progress, but the usual mixed bag so early in the recovery journey. Still not sleeping consistently more than 3-4 hours at a clip. I thought I had turned the corner a few days ago with a 7 hour sleep (heavenly) but went back to the usual the next couple of...
  12. NimbleKnee

    TKR The right knee this time

    3 weeks today since surgery. I’m making steady progress and do realize it’s early days. Now I’m able to slowly go up and down a flight of 15 stairs, take short outdoor walks, lift my operated leg. Pain is much reduced, though definitely makes its presence felt at times but no longer do I need...
  13. NimbleKnee

    TKR Trying to stay positive so frustrated

    Oh yes, the fatigue…our minds are willing but our bodies are just not able. It’s a good time to really listen to your body, but of course it isn’t always that easy. Wishing you better days ahead. :hi:
  14. NimbleKnee

    TKR The right knee this time

    Mixed bag today: Somehow in the middle of recovering from surgery, I picked up an ear infection?!? Started antibiotics for it. Also have very red, itchy palms and other body parts, which the dr thinks might be a reaction to the pain meds, so I’m off them for now. Fortunately my pain level is...
  15. NimbleKnee

    TKR Second knee replacement

    Hello, I’m doing well, slowly but surely feeling better. I hope the same is true for you. It’s so nice to be in touch with other folks who are slogging along down the same road. It makes the travel feel just a bit lighter. :walking:
Back
Top Bottom