Recent content by NikiT

  1. NikiT

    Bilateral TKR BTKR 28th May 2019 - post op journal

    That’s so good to hear you are now returning to your near normal life Atlas. I’m now 10 weeks and feel pretty normal, sleeping well, walking and swimming again. I have two weeks before I have to go back to work part time. We are taking the next 10 days to head north for a holiday and my plan is...
  2. NikiT

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKRs, now 8 weeks post op

    Hi! Im so glad I had both done at once too. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would. I received many comments prior, saying I must be crazy! I’m on a stationary bike and walking and still doing hydro and physio. I hardly had any bruising or swelling on either leg. Just starting to sleep better...
  3. NikiT

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKRs, now 8 weeks post op

    Ps. Thank you for the tip on how to walk with longer strides. I will be trying that for sure.
  4. NikiT

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKRs, now 8 weeks post op

    Okay. I agree. I will take it back to no resistance. I just feel really good sometimes and patience is not an easy thing for some of us, but I am trying. :) Thank you.
  5. NikiT

    Welcome to the June Sunbeams' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    Thank you! I think you meant to type June Sunbeams 2019 Knee Recovery Club
  6. NikiT

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKRs, now 8 weeks post op

    That’s so good to hear. My Orthopedic Surgeon is fantastic and only 37 years old. I went for a 30 minute walk yesterday for the first time, there was a very slight incline for a couple of minutes, the rest flat. My quads were aching after for sometime. I’m not sure if that is meant to be and I...
  7. NikiT

    Welcome to the June Sunbeams' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    Hello! My bilateral TKRs was on 24 June 2019.
  8. NikiT

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKRs, now 8 weeks post op

    That’s actually a relief to hear, no more weights on knees required! I will just do walking in the water and other rehab exercises for a while then before doing laps in the 50metre pool. Today I did my first 30 minute walk on flattish ground and it went well. Just a little aching now, so icing...
  9. NikiT

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKRs, now 8 weeks post op

    Today I have reached the 8 week mark. I’m tired but besides that, Right and Left ROM 120. My L leg is straight, but I’m finding it hard to get the last 2-3 degrees on my right knee straight. My PT said to hang my leg on Chair and put 5-7 kg weight on my knee. Which I manage 4-5 kgs, with pain so...
Back
Top Bottom