Recent content by nicolse

  1. nicolse

    TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

    Hi Holly! We are at the same place then! Tomorrow (May 6) is my 1 year anniversary; my left knee is also beginning to hurt going down stairs, but I want to enjoy this spring and summer as I missed out on it last year (recovering). Have a great day!
  2. nicolse

    TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

    Holly, sorry for the quote of your entire post, but it is the only way I can get to Post Reply button! The numbness is normal; the notion of rubbing the numbed area is to desensitize that area but the numbness is going to be there for awhile. I am one year out from my TKR and am so happy that...
  3. nicolse

    TKR Stress fracture in knee cap?

    Oh My goodness! Falling on your knees would do it ;( So sorry to hear. Darned multi-tasking. A stress fracture is much the same ... But I'm in a brace from groin to ankle so I won't bend my knee. Mine too will heal on it's own with my due diligence of not bending. :spin: I had more fun...
  4. nicolse

    TKR Stress fracture in knee cap?

    Good morning everyone, I just read an article about people running 40 miles, racing, biking many miles and it baffled me how dancing could have led to a stress fracture in my knee cap. Any thoughts? I am so disappointed. :shrug: Was enjoying my new knee - finally. I am ending my fifth...
  5. nicolse

    TKR hamstring tendon is so tight that I can't do all my exercises

    Trish that's great news about is letting you go back to work and your reaching 101. I did try your suggested stretch and I love it. Thank you so much! When u do return to work please take it easy. Until this month (six months) I could not sit or stand for long without sending my knee into a...
  6. nicolse

    TKR hamstring tendon is so tight that I can't do all my exercises

    I'm so happy for you that you will have a new PT referred by someone you trust. I have been working my quads and hamstrings since May so they are strong enough; It was a tightness that bothered me which was why I went to a MT (also a friend). I still feel looser and will be seeing her one...
  7. nicolse

    TKR hamstring tendon is so tight that I can't do all my exercises

    Trish, Thank you so much for the exercise you mention. i have not done that one, but will now. I stopped doing the hanging of the bed stretch and my hamstring tendon is feeling a lot better. I also had a therapeutic massage and I think she got another degree or two. I'm feeling pretty good...
  8. nicolse

    TKR hamstring tendon is so tight that I can't do all my exercises

    So sorry. I am learning my way around here. Thank you for the correction. Susan
  9. nicolse

    ROM and Extension stretches

    So, Roy, you can imagine my gait with -15! :doh:
  10. nicolse

    ROM and Extension stretches

    In the US they use negative numbers through 0 to describe how far away from a straight leg you are so, yes, I did mean -5. But that aside I thank you for the validation of my progress and confirmation that there is no window that closes! Susan
  11. nicolse

    TKR hamstring tendon is so tight that I can't do all my exercises

    I'm glad you enjoyed yourself while out! Hamstring is still tight and sore, but I've just started resting it. Thank you for asking. Nighty night! Susan
  12. nicolse

    TKR hamstring tendon is so tight that I can't do all my exercises

    YES!!!! It happens often. i've got to learn to know what is "too much". Even cooking a meal for a crowd is too much and I have to go to bed with my ice machine and many pillows to reach a comfortable elevation. grrrrrrr
  13. nicolse

    Baker's Cyst

    Your description and explanation of a baker's cyst was quite helpful to understand. My surgeon drained my baker's cyst during knee replacement surgery. I has returned and is limiting my ROM and extension (along with a very sore hamstring tendon); Given your explanation, if sounds to me that...
  14. nicolse

    TKR Am I on the right track?

    I am in my 5th month post op and still find it easy to overdo. Ice, elevation and a good night's sleep help me return to my new normal. It's so easy to overdo, isn't it? arggggggg
  15. nicolse

    ROM and Extension stretches

    My extension is around -5 (down from -15); I'm wondering if there is a time no more extension can be achieved; I'm starting to think that exercising in real life (walking, bike riding) is just as beneficial as quad sets and leg lifts. My TKR surgery was on May 6 of this year. Any thoughts...
Back
Top Bottom