Hi Jamie,
To answer your questions:
1. No pain at all really after a few days, if you look back through my thread i was very mobile
2. I don't recall anything
3. Its odd, im aware of it all the time but constantly painful would be an exaggeration. It can come on at odd times, sometimes moving...
Hi all,
Its been three years since my LTKR and a while since I was last on. Just been reading through some of my old threads and feeling quite a twinge of nostalgia.
I have actually come back for some advice, hopefully reaching out to a wider and more experienced forum.
Over the last year I...
My commute seems to have more than its share of delays so I either end up standing for extending periods waiting to board or sat in one position too long while waiting for it to complete the journey.
Shaking it? I have hit people with it and tripped up one guy who walked into me while he was watching tv on his iPhone.
I am a victim @Spex10 of impatience and overconfidence!
Well, yesterday was a bit of an event.
Problems with the train so running 45 minutes late into work. I dislike being late so was trying to rush. Went to step up a kerb and my TKR leg didn't extend as I thought, only got my toes and over I went.
Luckily I grabbed some railings with my left hand...
You are getting there Chrissi, as Susie said slow progress is still progress, think back to something you are doing today that you were doing a month ago and compare them. Its difficult to see anything day to day.
Agree @SherrieT as I think jeans when its warm is not good at the best of times. Work has been good with me allowing me to wear shorts but I can always tell them @Spex10 said it was ok to wear a dress.
Think I overdid it a little yesterday, dismantling wardrobes prior to the move. The back of...
What areas are you trying to exercise? You mention your core?
Core is an easy one, an old army trick when injured to exercise the core is stand facing the wall and support yourself with both hands on the wall. Slowly raise and lower each leg in turn while squeezing stomach muscles
You will...
Hi @PHousley
I make a point of moving regularly, at least once an hour. I still have a lot of swelling so find this helps, I also stiffen a lots if i dont keep mobile.
I have a sticky on my monitor that says "Put your leg out!!!" as I habitually bend it under my chair otherwise.
I have been...
You are doing so well, seems years ago you fell over the dog and through the glass!
I always found lower berries had more flavour, guess you just told me why :loll:
The opioids were my main concern to be honest.
I think some people are in agony though and options are limited, you have to take what you need to get through
As long as you have in your mind what you are taking, what quantity and frequency and for how long you should be ok. Reduce to the...
One issue I didn't expect. I have been back in long trousers this week and with my left knee being swollen its been rubbing the skin off on the outside of my knee
Back in work in shorts today and probably will be until the swelling reduces sufficiently.
Getting some very uncomplimentary...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.