Recent content by newmect

  1. N

    TKR Upright vs Recumbent Exercise Bikes

    What about a recumbent bike?
  2. N

    TKR LTKR May 3

    Thank you so much, MonarchMama. Yes it is a lot - taking over managing all the things around the house that my husband did and being hindered by the recovery process! Ugh. I keep telling myself it will get better. Thank you for your post.
  3. N

    TKR LTKR May 3

    I’m also wondering if others have had hip pain on their non-operated side, similar to hamstring tendonitis? This makes sitting painful for me, as well as bending over. Sitting on an ice pack helps. My physical therapist says that is fairly common after TKR, as the opposite leg is doing a lot...
  4. N

    TKR LTKR May 3

    I asked my doctor’s PA about this drug but she said they recommend methocarbamol, taking 2 pills before bed. So I’m trying that since it was on hand since my surgery. The label said it was for muscle spasms, which I‘ve not had. I’m not sure if it’s helping yet. Some nights I go to sleep fine...
  5. N

    TKR LTKR May 3

    So tomorrow starts my fifth week of recovery. The knee pain has lessened some, FINALLY!! I still have a deep achy feeling behind my knee that interferes with getting to sleep, and restless leg syndrome in the operated leg only. Haven’t been bothered with that in quite some time but the...
  6. N

    TKR LTKR May 3

    Thanks, BBCG! I can use all the encouragement I can get! I don't really know what's going on with my meds. I thought hydrocodone helped with my hip replacement - it was great. Now it doesn't seem to do much. At least I must have gotten used to it, because I no longer have the nausea with it...
  7. N

    TKR LTKR May 3

    Thank you, Merlin! Today marks 2 weeks out for me and I was hoping for less pain. I tried to get by with just Tylenol but just broke down and took one hydrocodone. The nausea side effect is gone now. Maybe the body just has to get used to it. I’m definitely lacking in the patience...
  8. N

    TKR LTKR May 3

    I still can't log in on any other devices. Not sure why. My pain is lessening somewhat and I'm able to take less hydrocodone. The incision and the skin above and below it look just awful - red and blistered, and very itchy. I'm taking Benedryl every 4 hours just so I won't scratch it. I...
  9. N

    TKR LTKR May 3

    So am I supposed to stay only on this thread when talking about myself, or start a new topic if I want more input from other members?
  10. N

    TKR LTKR May 3

    Thank you all for merging my posts. I'm not getting here often because sitting at my computer is only doable for short periods. When I try to log in on any other device, it says my password is wrong. I'm wondering if perhaps that's because I haven't logged out on my laptop. I'm doing better...
  11. N

    TKR LTKR May 3

    I didn't see this new thread when I started my own recovery thread with a boring title. Is there any way to combine them?
  12. N

    TKR Amazingly better experience with knee #2!

    BBCG, I'm enjoying all your info and experience. I wonder if you mind saying a bit more about your drug regimen. I read briefly about Tramadol and what makes it better than hydrocodone. I had a TLKR on 5/3 and they had me using oxycodone, meloxicam, and Tylenol. It made me nauseas and loopy...
  13. N

    TKR LTKR May 3

    I am finally getting back here, and I apologize for the length of this post. I'm a 72 year old female. My decision to have knee replacement was complicated since I was having barely any knee pain. My pain was in my left butt area (duration 8 months) and I thought I needed a hip replacement...
  14. N

    TKR LTKR May 3

    I’m glad I read this thread. I also feel no decrease in pain and oxy isn’t helping at all. I’m stopping it because I‘m sick of the nausea and grogginess and lack of effectiveness with my pain. It’s day 8 post TLKR for me. I wish I knew when the pain would lessen. This is VERY discourging...
Back
Top Bottom