Recent content by newlybionic

  1. newlybionic

    THR First-timer

    My family uses me to answer all their medical questions. Ive been looking at all the library articles and i am passing along info to her.
  2. newlybionic

    THR First-timer

    Thank you everybody for your insight in having a THR. I will continue to use this site for any questions that come up along the way. Im sure that once she is close to the surgery she will log on for herself. She feels that she can ask me any questions and i will know the answer. Im a...
  3. newlybionic

    THR First-timer

    Im still working on my sister to join Bonesmart. She has been reading every other website but this one. All she keeps on telling me that she cant bend her hip to 90 degrees even though she is having an anterior approach. Ive been reading library articles here and it states there is only 0.07...
  4. newlybionic

    THR First-timer

    My sister is going to have her LTHR on 9/11/2023. While i have lots of info concerning knees having both of mine replace twice. I dont have any info about hip replacements. She is having an anterior approach. Shes been reading info that she has found in all types of websites (except this one)...
  5. newlybionic

    Knee Infection* Another infection

    I felt the same way when my newest knee was done. I was pretty good at everything in a couple of days.
  6. newlybionic

    Knee Infection* Question about dizziness

    That was exactly how I remember my post op infection surgery. I was in much greater pain than after the TKR. I had a problem putting weight on that leg for a while and went back to using a walker again. I hope you start to feel better soon.
  7. newlybionic

    Bilateral TKR Indigo_bunting’s BTKR recovery

    Most OS are happy with 90 degree flexion at 1 month. You're right not to worry about the numbers. Concentrate on getting swelling down with elevation and icing as much as you can.
  8. newlybionic

    Knee Infection* Question about dizziness

    I hope your pain gets handled for you. I'm glad that the infection didn't get all the way down. Hang in there, it does get better.
  9. newlybionic

    TKR Booger's Left Knee

    I have one cemented and one uncemented currently in my knees. My uncemented knee had ridges in the posts for the bone to grow into.
  10. newlybionic

    Knee Infection* Question about dizziness

    @Catalien45 I empathize with you having an infection. I've gone through a washout and a spacer replacement. I got very ill with my infection. Hopefully yours was caught earlier and you can get through this without a lot of problems. I wound up with a PICC line so that I could go home and...
  11. newlybionic

    Revision TKR Knee revision

    I took it as meaning a heel slide. It strengthens the quad muscle and hopefully in a short period of time it starts to wake up.
  12. newlybionic

    TKR Round 2

    I've had 4 TKRs. I found that each knee reacted differently as far as pain meds and my response to them. My last TKRwas far less painful to my first one. I knew to take it easy as far as exercising goes and to use ice almost constantly when not moving around. I even used my ice machine during...
  13. newlybionic

    TKR Recovery Confusion

    Most OS won't do a manipulation once you are able to get to 90 degrees. So you don't need one now. 99 is not a bad place to be at at this point of your recovery. You can still increase your ROM as time goes by. Remember it takes a full year to recover from a TKR.
  14. newlybionic

    TKR Still lagging in recovery

    You can also try Miralax which is a powder that can be added to a drink of your choice. It will usually produce a BM in a day or two at most. Its important to take some sort of stool softener or the miralax daily while you are taking a narcotic as they slow your bowels.
  15. newlybionic

    Revision TKR Knee revision

    welcome back to bonesmart. Here is some readings that you may find interesting. Knee Recovery: The Guidelines 1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary 2. Control discomfort...
Back
Top Bottom