Recent content by Newf

  1. Newf

    THR 1½ yrs post op: getting problems

    @Dmcfad2 . Thanks. I hope you get some answers soon as well. It is quite frustrating that this is happening but hopefully it's resolved without to much trouble. My leg doesn't always ache but I don't need to do much to make it happen. I have always thought it would go away with time and it was...
  2. Newf

    THR 1½ yrs post op: getting problems

    Thanks Josephine for getting back to me. I saw my OS this morning and we are going to start to get to the root of the problem. She said I may have either a low grade infection or bone growth around stem hasn't taken like it should. She is going to schedule a bone scan and another test ( forget...
  3. Newf

    THR 1½ yrs post op: getting problems

    Hi @Josephine , It seems to start around L1bd but the most pain is in my shin when I walk. #1 I had posterior approach #2- My pain level when I walk is a 7. I have stabbing pain when I walk that feesl like it's coming from the stem. Sharp pain in lower shin. #3- Not taking any meds other than...
  4. Newf

    THR 1½ yrs post op: getting problems

    Hey guys, I had my lthr done in Aug /13. I have had a great recovery except that I was getting the odd bout of pain in my hip that would die down after a day. More recently I noticed that it was becoming more frequent and for the last 1½ weeks I have been having a lot of trouble walking. It...
  5. Newf

    THR All done and home!

    Hey everyone, It's been almost 9 weeks now since surgery and all is well. I went back to work operating an excavator at 5 weeks post-op and it's been great. It's gonna be a while before I'm 100% but it feels really great to not have the nagging pain and really limited mobility. I am pretty...
  6. Newf

    THR All done and home!

    Well, I'm now at the 4 week mark. I have been doing my physio everyday and feel great. I'm am able to do most things without any problems. Today I painted some windows, front door and installed a new kickplate on the door. I also mowed and trimmed the backyard. I am very pleased with the job my...
  7. Newf

    THR It's All Good

    I am now 4 weeks today and had similar pain in my groin. It seemed to get worse the farther I walked without using my cane but it seems to be getting better now the farther along I get. I think it all boils down to healing. I'm expecting a full year till I am 100% healed like nothing happened...
  8. Newf

    On the other side for second time

    Good luck wigmar, Before you know it you will be up and going. I had a LTHR 3 weeks ago tomorrow and I'm up and getting around already. Get your rest and try not to let your mind wander thinking about it as hard as it may be. Do what the dr's tell you and you'll be fine. A good positive outlook...
  9. Newf

    THR All done and home!

    My wayway bsilvers, I hear ya, I am letting my leg tell me what I can and can't do as hard as it may be.
  10. Newf

    THR All done and home!

    So, I'm at the 2 1/2 week mark and things are going well. I have a PT appt tomorrow and we will see how that goes. I am down to 1 crutch now and walking rather good. I go up my street and down the next then home once a day and it seems to be ok, just a little sore after but I try and not overuse...
  11. Newf

    Bilateral THR KungFu/BJJ hips

    Sounds like you are doing great my friend. I think you do what your body tells you what it can or can't handle. Only you know how you feel and what your limits are. I find myself wanting to do so much more. It's only been just over 2 weeks post-op for me now and I'm starting to get cabin fever...
  12. Newf

    THR All done and home!

    So, I went for my 2 week appt with the OS today and all went well. Got my staples out (incision is great), going to tylenol x-strength and see how it goes and I got the go ahead to drive . Got to go back in 4 weeks. Overall a good day. Each day I feel better and better.
  13. Newf

    Bilateral THR KungFu/BJJ hips

    Hey bud, good to see you are doing well. I am almost 2 weeks post-op and can relate with you about being surprised with how good you feel so early. It suprises me how fast our bodies can recover from something like this. A good attitude and willingness to do the required PT really goes a long...
  14. Newf

    THR All done and home!

    Poppet , Josephine , Thanks for looking out for me. I have followed all of the dr instructions as well as bonesmart advice and can't believe the progress I have made in the last couple of days. There have never been truer words than the rest ,elevate,ice, and take meds regularly because I feel...
  15. Newf

    THR All done and home!

    Josephine , The medication label says= ratio-oxycocet 5mg-325mg oxycodone hcl/acetaminophen. I take 2 tablets every 4 hrs. I think the effects I'm feeling may be from laying down a lot. I have been sitting and standing in more frequent although short periods of time and seem to be ok now. Thanks...
Back
Top Bottom