Recent content by New England Librarian

  1. New England Librarian

    TKR Joining the fun 9 weeks out

    @RestAssured Sonja thanks for your story! I went back over your thread and saw that at one point you had more than one metatarsal fracture at the same time -yikes! I have known about my severe midfoot arthritis for several years (before my knee even began to hurt), but was not expecting this...
  2. New England Librarian

    TKR Joining the fun 9 weeks out

    @Glamg1979 I love that! I am already having my dress hemmed for a short heel, but I might just have a pair of shiny sandals on hand for afterwards. Great idea. I am hoping that the emotions and adrenaline will keep my mind off any lingering pains. The podiatrist (in practice with my OS group)...
  3. New England Librarian

    TKR Joining the fun 9 weeks out

    Hi friends! I am so excited about the wedding (main reason I decide to do the TKR last fall), but so dismayed to have this happening so long past the operation. It seems like the side effects from this surgery just never end! I ordered new shoes for the wedding because the ones I had felt...
  4. New England Librarian

    TKR Joining the fun 9 weeks out

    Hey BoneSmart friends, jumping back in at 7 months plus. After starting a mild walking program a few months ago, and then a few weeks of intense foot pain, I was diagnosed today with a probable stress fracture in my left foot (TKR leg)! Probably due to a changed gait and foot stance, although...
  5. New England Librarian

    Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

    @PegGar16 that is one cute office mate! How lovely of your sweet dog to be keeping you company like that. And either that is quite a trendy hair color job on your pet, or he ran into some misplaced food coloring :heehee: Either way, I am so glad to hear that you are doing well despite all that...
  6. New England Librarian

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Marian so glad to hear that things are going so much better this time!
  7. New England Librarian

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Hi Marian - glad you are home! I hope that this time is so much better, first because you have a great surgeon, and second because you know how to manage PT and all the other "situations". I also had some incontinence after surgery although I had no catheter - I had to ask about the catheter at...
  8. New England Librarian

    TKR Tramadol after stopping- problems sleeping?'

    @redsoxmama I had to laugh when you said that you realized you had answered your own question about why you feel stressed! It's not at all funny, but we do get a jolt sometimes when we try to describe toxic workplaces to others. I am really sorry you are going through this - and also very sorry...
  9. New England Librarian

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Thinking of you Marian - you have been very brave through all of this and it is going to be all uphill from here! Good luck today - we will all be following your progress and cheering you on :wave:
  10. New England Librarian

    TKR Sounds

    Oh Helen, I am sad for you! I still miss my blind, deaf and senile cocker spaniel who went to puppy heaven almost 3 years ago. They add so much richness of our lives, and their adoration and loyalty put many humans to shame. I am grieving for your loss tonight.
  11. New England Librarian

    Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

    Peggy I am so sad to hear this news. You have such a positive attitude and are an inspiration to many of us. Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery. Hope you are soon doing this :walking:
  12. New England Librarian

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Marian, you deserve praise for your bravery! Scheduling another surgery must be very frightening. It sounds like your surgeon is telling you what he tells all his patients, but also trying to reassure you, as you had such a bad experience the first time. You have experience this time, and...
  13. New England Librarian

    Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

    @KarriB congratulations on your upcoming retirement and the serenity that the decision seems to be bringing to you! It is a truly wonderful story and thank you for sharing it.
  14. New England Librarian

    Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

    @PegGar16 i love your brace and your attitude!
Back
Top Bottom