Recent content by nevillek

  1. N

    THR Sudden pain/discomfort after 5 years

    My mom (67) had total THR for a dysplastic hip in July 2016. Last Sunday, she started having pain/stiffness/discomfort in the area while getting in/out of couch. Ortho examined her and got an X-ray done, and said all looks fine. But when he asked “there’s no stiffness, right?”, I mistakenly...
  2. N

    THR Sudden pain/discomfort after 5 years

    Thanks so much, Layla
  3. N

    Bilateral THR Hip pain almost 10 years post op

    H hi @Lunabear... did you figure this out?
  4. N

    THR Post 5 year Hip Pain

    hi pyrotaz... were you able to fix this?
  5. N

    THR Sudden pain/discomfort after 5 years

    She says she experiences stiffness/pain “sometimes” while walking or getting in/out. Trying to get her to take lot of rest. Going to her ortho tomorrow. The thought of a revision terrifies me, hoping it’s nothing ominious. Thank you
  6. N

    THR Sudden pain/discomfort after 5 years

    My mom (67 years old) had total LHR in July 2016 and it’s been fine ever since. Today morning, she’s complaining of discomfort only while standing and sitting (getting in and out of couch). She says it feels “similar to post-op when she needed a walker to be able to stand/sit”. She sat on a...
  7. N

    Laparoscopic oophorectomy/hysterectomy with artificial hip

    Ah ok.. I think we might just skip the dental test overall anyway since I’m not exactly sure what they’ll do in the dental procedure anyway. Thanks much!!
  8. N

    Laparoscopic oophorectomy/hysterectomy with artificial hip

    So Bone DXA and Pap smear it is. Thanks much!!
  9. N

    Laparoscopic oophorectomy/hysterectomy with artificial hip

    Thanks. When you say radiology techs and gyno, which tests are you referring to exactly? I just asked the receptionist and they’re saying artificial hip is okay, no special stuff needed. I’m just worried about them being unknowledgeable.
  10. N

    Laparoscopic oophorectomy/hysterectomy with artificial hip

    Hi friends, My mother had a total LHR in July 2016 and I cannot thank this forum enough for their wonderful support during all of that time, especially from @Josephine and @Jamie. She’s been perfectly fine since then and 8 hours from now, she’s going for a routine total health checkup at the...
  11. N

    THR I have a cold, my mother has her THR today<

    I bought her the Vitamin E oil and she's much better now @Josephine @Jamie .. however, sometimes when she wakes up in the morning after sleeping on her good side, she gets a lot of pain in the op area for a while and then it disappears as soon as she gets out of bed.. what could this be? She...
  12. N

    THR I have a cold, my mother has her THR today<

    @alexthecat no, stitches were removed within 10 days, it's just the scar @Jamie thanks hun, how do I figure out if the wound has completely healed or not? hope the pricking sensation goes away with vitamin e oil..
  13. N

    THR I have a cold, my mother has her THR today<

    Mom has been complaining that the stitches portion is pinching/pricking/stretching/feeling tight, etc. Is this normal?
  14. N

    THR I have a cold, my mother has her THR today<

    Oh well great to know! Tysvm @Josephine and @alexthecat
  15. N

    THR I have a cold, my mother has her THR today<

    We had her 8 week follow up this week, and the doctor said she doesn't need the 20-21 inch height to sit anywhere now. He asked her to use a cane as she is limping quite a bit without it. But she runs around the house all day without the cane. She is lazy and won't listen to me no matter what...
Back
Top Bottom