Bilateral THR Hip pain almost 10 years post op

Lunabear

Country
United States United States
I’ve got an appt scheduled with my ortho Dr next week but wondering if anyone had an implant loosen or fail what kind of symptoms you had. I had both hips replaced in March 2011 and while my left hip has given me trouble through the years I’ve never had right hip pain until recently. After a day a cleaning where I was bending over a LOT I started having pain that went from mid back, wrapped around my outer hip and in my groin. After that calmed down I’m still noticing times of groin pain, like if I’m standing too long. It’ll also hurts sometimes just when I’m sitting on it. I’ve also noticed some decreased flexibility. I guess I’m just trying to mentally prepare for being told I’ll need some kind of surgery or finding someone that’s had similar problems that were fixed without surgery.

@Lunabear Welcome to BoneSmart! I'm not denying this could be your hip. But have you ever had any lower back issues? The area you are describing is very typical of sciatic pain "mid-back, wrapping around your hip and in the groin". I have chronic sciatic pain so am very familiar with this.

If you look the the illustration in this article, you will see how close the sciatic nerve runs near the hip.

Please let us know how your appointment goes next week.

I'd wait for the ortho visit before jumping to self diagnosis. Like they say don't borrow trouble. I'd say we all have pains that trouble us at some point and always think it's compromised the implant.

H
I’ve got an appt scheduled with my ortho Dr next week but wondering if anyone had an implant loosen or fail what kind of symptoms you had. I had both hips replaced in March 2011 and while my left hip has given me trouble through the years I’ve never had right hip pain until recently. After a day a cleaning where I was bending over a LOT I started having pain that went from mid back, wrapped around my outer hip and in my groin. After that calmed down I’m still noticing times of groin pain, like if I’m standing too long. It’ll also hurts sometimes just when I’m sitting on it. I’ve also noticed some decreased flexibility. I guess I’m just trying to mentally prepare for being told I’ll need some kind of surgery or finding someone that’s had similar problems that were fixed without surgery.

hi @Lunabear... did you figure this out?

Yes it ended up being my back. I got a steroid injection and it took a couple days but my pain finally went away.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Jojo8826
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom