Recent content by netrusher

  1. N

    TKR LTKR recovery going smoothly

    Regarding kneeling, I believe that the current medical consensus is that it is not harmful to the prosthesis and does not shorten its useful life. Kneeling is certainly uncomfortable for most of us. For those who want to be able to kneel but find it uncomfortable, there is a protocol that...
  2. N

    TKR Tightness in knee

    Smiler, I am still experiencing some foot swelling at week 14 although your issues seem more sever. My swelling has improved a lot over the past several weeks. My OS recommends elevation as the best treatment and he seems very confident that the swelling will gradually subside.
  3. N

    TKR TKR Stitch hovering just above the skin

    Many years ago i was having a tough time after hernia surgery and took a lot of ibuprofen to cope with the pain. Big mistake. I developed very severe heartburn that took 3 years and lots of drugs to resolve. Obviously many people take high doses for prolonged periods without complications. In my...
  4. N

    TKR Upright vs Recumbent Exercise Bikes

    Which bike is the better choice? My gym has both and I feel comfortable on both. My primary objective is to increase my ROM and my secondary objectives are muscular strength and endurance. So which bike is the better choice?
  5. N

    TKR Not Again

    I started to sleep decently at week 10. I would wake up with pain at least twice a night--not severe but enough to wake me up. I would walk around the house and/or ice the knee to reduce the pain. Good solutions but often it was challenging to fall back to sleep. I found it puzzling because my...
  6. N

    TKR Upright vs Recumbent Exercise Bikes

    Many thanks for these thoughtful replies. Clearly, some members have successfully improved ROM many months after surgery. Hopefully, I will join this illustrious club. BTW, since I am very close to ending PT and also close to my final appointment with my OS, how will I be able to monitor my...
  7. N

    TKR Upright vs Recumbent Exercise Bikes

    Just joined. RTKR on 4/5. Doing well. I walk 4 miles and use the bike for 30 minutes most days of the week. Had formal PT starting 2 days after surgery and probably will stop in a week . ROM and strength building exercises most days of the week. Started to hit tennis balls but no running and...
Back
Top Bottom