Thanks Layla....I've had a stern word with myself!
I found the THR video really interesting and the one re tendons and bursitis-I've got so much time now! lol
Hi Everyone-just returned from my visit to see the surgeon who performed my THR. He checked mobility of the joint and said it was very good and he had no concerns regarding this. He explained that the new joint was now allowing my muscles/ligaments etc to move more freely than before i.e pre op...
Hi Ivesc-i had surgery the same day as you! Ive had some problems too(over enthusiatic physio) but I was doing incredibly well only after 3 week-painfree and no crutches. See surgeon tomos so ill ket u no how i get on-think its bursitis.
I had probs with piriformis pre surgery and tennis ball...
Glad its all gone so well! I remember the pain meds made me feel like id been very heavy on the gin...was quite a nice feeling as long as they gave me the anti sickness drug! Lol.
The days will soon pass and you'll be looking forward to the spring and getting out and about again! Looking...
Thanks for the advice and my apologies for posting in the wrong place....my IT knowledge is not very good!
I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow with the surgeon. Its so good to have somewhere to share my worries- im so glad I found this forum!!
Hi all-just been to see physio, seeing surgeon tomorrow. He says probably need joint xraying yo make sure its ok. He thinks ive got damaged muscles and bursitis. I asked him if this eas very common with hip replacement and he said no. Thinks ill need steroid injection into bursa and surrounding...
Thanks both for your comments/encouragement and advice. I feel so frustrated because I was being really sensible and was completely painfree until I had thd physio session! Ive never had a bad experience with physios but this has made me feel very dubious about trusting them again!!
Hi Everyone-thanks for your replies. It helps to know im not alone!! I have been really good and taking it easy (which isnt easy for me! Lol) I think thats why Im feeling especially 'down'...i thought my hip would be much better by now...
I had my right hip replaced on 12th December 2019. Im...
Hi-had my THR 8 weeks ago and was walking without pain or crutches by 3 weeks. Had a session with hospital physio at 6 weeks and now cant walk without a stick and in pain! Im sure it was side stepping onto a step that caused the problem.
Ive rested hip, iced and painkillers but nothing seems to...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.