Recent content by need2nees

  1. need2nees

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    Celle thank you. It really helps me to get feedback like this to put my mind at ease. It continues to amaze me how out-of-whack one's thinking can go...one day I am thrilled with the outcome of the MUA and a few days later I feel like someone ran over my knee with a truck. Crazy making!! :rolleyes:
  2. need2nees

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    Curious about MUA recovery times and rehab...I am day 6 out from MUA and interestingly just today I noticed bruising around my knee, a light yellow/greenish bruise to the right of the kneecap about 3 inches round. Didn't notice it before. Question is this...I feel like I have been set back SO...
  3. need2nees

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    Day 2 after MUA and still hurting quite a bit. Can't sleep more than 15-20 minutes at a time, so the last 2 nights have been pretty miserable. Went to my PT appointment yesterday, and I was surprised at how much she thought I could do. One thing that is confusing me (as well as the pain meds) is...
  4. need2nees

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    Hi runA42k, thank for your post...my ROM was 100 to 110 flexion and 10 extension, today one day post MUA it's about 130 and (no kidding) 0!!
  5. need2nees

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    MUA done ! This was the first I could post..needless to say I'm pretty groggy on pain meds. I have to say it was not as bad as I thought it might be. Of course when you wake up there is quite a bit of pain, (as there is now) but it was well controlled with IV meds. Last night I hardly...
  6. need2nees

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    Thank you everyone!! Once again, I am a bit scared but...well...I will get through it. I will post as soon as able! Had a bit of a disappointment at PT today. My PT (who normally doesn't take this road) decided she was doing me a favor to 'share' that "sometimes when people have had a lot of...
  7. need2nees

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    Beth1954 I am SOOOO happy for you! Did is really hurt to do that? Or was it a "good" hurt? You are really inspiring me to not be afraid about Tuesday:ok:
  8. need2nees

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    Jamie, thank you for your reminder, it is a very important one. I really do have to 'reset' my personal timeline of recovery vs my body's timeline. 4-6 months really cannot be fast-forwarded. As much as I have tried to think that I am different, or have some supernatural power to expedite this...
  9. need2nees

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    Beth, thank you for your post...will look for your input! Best to you....:)
  10. need2nees

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    Thank you icep707, I appreciate your well wishes... I have to say I have weighed all of the input I have received (and have so appreciated everyones thoughts) but bottom line, I'm going to go with my OS recommendation and have the MUA on Tuesday of next week. I may regret it, and it sounds like...
  11. need2nees

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    Hi Josephine, thank you for taking the time to respond...and SILLY ME for misreading those location charts. Here is the correct locations...LF3C to LF4E! (although the thought of jumping from one leg to the other isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility...my 'jealous' knee, also bone on...
  12. need2nees

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    thankyou thankyou thankyou..., bluetechseeker, I will follow your advice! Jamie, thank you too...and yes I worked very consistently on my extension and really hit a wall at 10-12. No change after that. And thank you for your reminder about still being in early stages. Right you are!
  13. need2nees

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    manipulation under anesthesia...check out the 'library' tab at the top to find out more!
  14. need2nees

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    Hi Bluetechseeker, he told me the same...that extension is more difficult to work on, but he was quite confident that the MUA combined with PT will bring my knee to less than 5. We will see!
  15. need2nees

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    Hi Beth, no apology needed it is the same issue I raised with the OS since I was VERY proud of my 100 flexion. He said it's the straightening of my leg he is worried about, and was very optimistic that MUA will improve this. I can only (with pressure) get my leg to about 4 inches off of the...
Back
Top Bottom