Recent content by need2knees

  1. N

    TKR Need2knees recovery thread

    I KNOW!! We live with my mother-in-law as caregivers for her, and again she means well I guess, but I have heard over and over again "gee I don't remember MY knee replacement being so painful!" (ya right, in 25 years I will likely forget this, too...) then suggests 'things to do' to get better...
  2. N

    TKR Need2knees recovery thread

    Thank you for ideas...last night was tough trying to sleep, but I have read that this is a pretty common problem. The pain control with the addition of long acting oxy with short acting has helped. Makes you super loopy (still don't get why it is so sought after illegally..make me feel like a...
  3. N

    TKR Need2knees recovery thread

    Just WOW. Even the second time around, I am humbled at what a huge surgery this is. I'm fairly loopy from pain meds, and following all of the guidelines. It was rough. Got out of the hospital yesterday, got home to my favorite chair with leg elevation, fired up the ice machine. THen I had...
  4. N

    Getting scared...and it's my second TKR!!

    Thank you all! I'm all scrubbed, ready to go in a few hours, still nervous, but looking forward to seeing you on he other side!!! Wheeeeeeeee!
  5. N

    Getting scared...and it's my second TKR!!

    Really helpful to know! I have to say many of the things my pre-surgery seminar covered are advances in the management of this surgery...i.e. the On-Q system to reduce pain, not using CPM's any more, etc. I am hoping these changes will be a positive contrast to my first experience. Thanks for...
  6. N

    Getting scared...and it's my second TKR!!

    Thinking of you on Tuesday! Thank you for your words of encouragement!
  7. N

    Getting scared...and it's my second TKR!!

    Thank you SO much...good thoughts. I will focus on the cool cucumber thought....it's a nice one!!
  8. N

    Getting scared...and it's my second TKR!!

    I thought having gone through this a few years ago that this one would be easier because I would know what to expect. Wrong. I'm more freaked out than ever. I keep going back to this time right after my first TKR when I said "never, NEVER, am I going to do this again no matter HOW bad my other...
  9. N

    2017 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Back again! Had L TKR 2 years ago, R TKR scheduled for May 30th! All of those years of skiing and dancing caught up with me. Generally happy with my L knee outcome but it was a l o n g road to recovery.
  10. N

    Nerve block that you go home with??

    thank you thank you!! Can't wait to learn more!!
  11. N

    Nerve block that you go home with??

    Can't seem to find info regarding some kind of device that you go home with that controls post op pain...something relatively new as they did not do this with my first TKR 3 years ago. Anyone heard of this? Good or bad? Thanks all...
  12. N

    2017 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Second knee replacement scheduled for May 30! (R). Left one done 2014. I'm nervous again!
Back
Top Bottom