Recent content by Naomi60

  1. Naomi60

    TKR 3 weeks today & new to site

    Hey @sheba167, You are so early in your recovery. Just 3 weeks. I had one knee done in 2015 and the other one done 8 weeks ago. I learned so much from one knee to the next. and I’m still learning. But here are some ideas to consider. Your knee (and really your whole mind and body) have been...
  2. Naomi60

    TKR Rene’s left knee

    Hello, I’m 8 weeks post op and having some crying jag moments as I get weaned from the pain pills. Down to one a day but I get weepy from time to day and irritable. I am not sleeping well at all and I am somewhat bored. I’m starting to go back to my art studio for an hour or two at the most...
  3. Naomi60

    TKR Rene’s left knee

    Update on my recovery - the last time I posted I mentioned I was preparing for a long day as I was hosting my daughter’s baby shower. It was a beautiful day. I made it through the day with the help of my friends and relatives. I am now 7 weeks post op. I feel like I have healed enough to...
  4. Naomi60

    TKR Pain

    @Gregjacob I’ll talk about pain.. I’m 5 weeks post op and taking oxycodone every 6-8 hours. I also take Gabapentin and Tylenol. I have fibromyalgia and process pain differently from many people. Nerve pain is particularly bad for me. This is my second knee replacement and I learned a lot about...
  5. Naomi60

    TKR Not having enough ROM

    Hello @Mercifulmar, My surgery was January 18 so we are on the same time frame. I too have been feeling somewhat down. I have a really bad day about every three days or so where my pain is way more than day before. Yesterday I could barely function. I ask myself what did I do the day before...
  6. Naomi60

    TKR Nov 22nd, 2023- still limping in pain

    @cqcoffee I feel like I could have written your post after my first TKR in 2015. My recovery was ever so slow and made slower by my stubbornness to keep working out beyond what I should have- resulting in a very angry and inflamed knee. It’s easy to lose your confidence when this happens. I’m...
  7. Naomi60

    TKR Rene’s left knee

    hi everyone, I’m just 5 weeks post op now and while it feels like 5 months, I know I’m making progress albeit slowly. My big accomplishment today was shaving my legs!! I wouldn’t have bothered except that next weekend is a big event and I’m going to have to wear real clothes and shoes and sit...
  8. Naomi60

    TKR Rene’s left knee

    Hi and thanks for your comments. I hear you when it comes to the stiffness. I haven’t focused on the number of steps I’m doing everyday but probably should add that to my ever growing list of things to do. I can certainly understand you needing to get your stamina up and applaud you for getting...
  9. Naomi60

    TKR Rene’s left knee

    Hi there! I found it interesting to go back and look at my messages from before. You may find them by clicking on the search icon and search by your name. That’s what I did. I was a total mess my first go around. I was very slow to heal and suffered from depression caused by the surgery itself...
  10. Naomi60

    TKR Rene’s left knee

    Thank you @mendogal ! I appreciate the advice.
  11. Naomi60

    TKR Going to gym post-op

    @Anjoh22 I also walked with a bad knee for over 10 years and yes getting my body to adjust to the new knee was sort of painful. I remember having severe hamstring pain in my non surgical leg. I recently had my other knee replaced in January and I’m not experiencing that same type of pain for...
  12. Naomi60

    TKR Rene’s left knee

    Thank you for the welcome. I am having a much better experience this go around (my first tkr was in 2015) and yet i still fall victim to pockets of depression. I have to keep reminding myself this is temporary and I will soon be thinking of things other than this darn knee. I would like to be...
  13. Naomi60

    TKR Rene’s left knee

    Greetings, It has been 8 years since I last posted regarding my surgery and recovery following TKR on my right knee in 2015. To recap that journey. Surgery was in late October 2015. I was given a spinal block and sedation prior to surgery. I had previously let my surgical team know that it...
  14. Naomi60

    TKR Hamstring pain on non operated leg

    Hello everyone. It's been about a year and a half since my RTKR. I will probably need a replacement of my left knee at some point but with exercise and weight training I have been able to manage. However I have hamstring pain in my left (non operated) leg which recently became excruciating...
  15. Naomi60

    TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

    Congrats on your knee. I know if I get my other knee done I will definitely not do a thing for about 10 days to 2 weeks. Sit tight, medicate and try to sleep. You know the drill. Don't even think about expectations right now. Expectations and drugs make one crazy, haha! Hang in there, you are...
Back
Top Bottom