Recent content by Nannyh70

  1. N

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    Thank you Annekin can I ask is the shockwave therapy painful? I’ve gone for shockwave therapy as my surgeon said PRB can be hit and miss. Hope you make a recovery soon
  2. N

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    Hello everyone I had my 6 month check up with my surgeon today he didn’t discharge me like with my last hip replacement . I’m still have lots of thigh pain mainly on the outside sometimes an extremely sharp pain. Walking is fine for the first 5/10 minutes but then intense pain. I’m to carry on...
  3. N

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    Hi everyone sorry not been on for a while. I’m struggling with issues with my it band . My hip feels great it’s just the pain on my outer thigh. Has anyone else had this problem? I’m still having physio and soft tissue therapy but it’s starting to get me down i feel like I’ve swapped one pain...
  4. N

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    Thank you. I’m doing fine slightly slower recovery this time round but Im getting there. Hope you had a lovely Christmas xx
  5. N

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    Thank you Layla :):)
  6. N

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    Hey how’s everyone? I know this is only a small thing but today I managed to tie my own shoe laces :yahoo:I’m so pleased with myself I had to share it :heehee:
  7. N

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    Thank you that really explained things for me
  8. N

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    Hi all been to see my surgeon today had X-rays which looked good but regarding the pain I’m experiencing after a thorough examination he said I have bursitis and I’m to carry on with pt and see him again in 4 months. He didn’t seem overly concerned and said it will all right itself . He advised...
  9. N

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    Hello all just a quick question over the last week I’ve been getting pain in my left leg thigh area and around the wound . The pain comes as soon as I put weight on that leg. It’s not unbearable pain but very uncomfortable when walking. I’m icing 3/4 times a day and getting plenty of rest. Not...
  10. N

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    Pt said I can use pillows and try side sleeping can’t wait to go to bed and feel comfy tonight lol
  11. N

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    Pt went well I’m where I should be except they wasn’t happy with my walk without a crutch apparently I’m swaying as I walk. I’m to stop using the crutch inside but use it on walks. I’m to practice heel to toe walking .fingers crossed when I return to pt in 2 weeks I won’t have a sway
  12. N

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    Thank you Layla I have pt today so I’m going to speak to them about my sleeping position as I’ve been told to sleep on my back for 6 weeks . I’m hoping they say I can try side sleeping as I’m 5 weeks tomorrow . I do ice a few times each day as I can still feel swelling around the wound when I...
  13. N

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    Hi everyone hope you are all doing well. I’m 4 weeks in today and doing good , each day I’m able to do something new. I’m walking lots more than I was when I had the right hip replaced. The only thing is sleeping on my back as soon as I’m in bed my left leg hurts and feels so heavy and hard to...
  14. N

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    Hot milk in bed last night with last meds and wow. Slept from around 10ish woke to use bathroom at 2.30 straight back to sleep until 4.30 took meds and unbelievably went back to sleep til 7.00am. .feel so refreshed today , milk it is again tonight . Thank you all for your advice much appreciated
  15. N

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    Slept for 2 full hours this morning :):dancy: I know it’s not much but it’s the most I’ve slept in one block. I feel so much better for it thank you for your suggestions
Back
Top Bottom