Recent content by Nancan

  1. N

    TKR 3 years post op

    Hi Everyone, I’m just three years post op and still have trouble going down stairs. Anyone else have this issue? Nan
  2. N

    TKR TKR recovery heel pain

    TLB I’m so sorry to hear you have pain. I had the same experience! The reason I didn’t have any relief was because the tubing was kinked so basically I had no pain relief for 24 hours. Once they fixed it I did get some relief and I was discharged home. I scoured the internet for pain relievers...
  3. N

    TKR 3 years post op

    @Jockette, yes they know each other but do not work together . Two different health organizations. My appt with the 2nd opinion was disappointing. My all day swelling he attributed to scar tissue. He said I was doing well, ie, good gait, good flexion at one 120. No X-ray findings :(
  4. N

    TKR 3 years post op

    @Goma Thank you for responding, I did have an MRI last December which wasn’t very helpful as the knee replacement gave off artifacts which hindered a complete reading.
  5. N

    TKR 3 years post op

    Second opinion help needed! I am going for my second opinion this week and need some help in what I should focus on during the appointment. My main issue is I still have swelling all day everyday and at times it is really painful. Nancy
  6. N

    TKR 3 years post op

    Hi all! Long story short Ortho surgeon is sending me for a second opinion. My swelling is still happening ... all day everyday no matter what I do or don’t do. Very frustrating . I am weaning off gabapentin and now I am feeling pain in my knee again and my big toe is acting weird again ( the...
  7. N

    TKR 3 years post op

    @Dedou He has not. I will see him in 2 weeks. I have been doing some research and am wondering if it is a messed up lymphatic system. Any moderators want to chime in?
  8. N

    TKR 3 years post op

    ..yes, I still have a lot of swelling, it has NEVER been not swollen ever since my TKR surgery 8-17. My operated knee is twice the size of my non operated knee.
  9. N

    TKR 3 years post op

    Thanks for all your input My swelling has never gone away.
  10. N

    TKR 3 years post op

    Hi All, I’m still having “zingers , or pins and needles “type pain around my kneecap was wondering is this something that others have 7+ months post op? If indeed it is nerves waking up how long does it last? It’s been weeks since I started feeling these “Zingers”.
  11. N

    TKR 3 years post op

    @Jaycey Hmmm, come to think of it, I did go for a walk with a very mild incline, maybe going down the incline? Also, I have never and I mean never been not swollen is that weird or normal.
  12. N

    Bilateral TKR Get a *good* recliner (if you can!)

    Hi! I got a lift chair from Walmart pretty reasonable price too. I have to qualify by saying I’m a small person and only 5’2 but I think someone up to 5’8 to 5’11 could manage.
  13. N

    TKR 3 years post op

    Hi Guys! I NEED Help! I have been back to work for a month doing good but starting yesterday I have been having severe pain ( zingers like I used to have in the exact same spot before surgery). I don’t know what to think. Any ideas? I I have not done anything out of the ordinary.
  14. N

    TKR 7 weeks out can't sleep

    Welcome! I also had this happen to me. I was exhausted and told my husband I just NEED a full 6hours sleep and I would be ok. I hate to say this but the 6 hours of continuous sleep did not come till around week 12 . The time between waking and walking around the house did get shorter and...
  15. N

    TKR Dr Mirkin Recants RICE

    I did have that system and it didn’t work because the line got kinked up in recovery. I was without any pain medication for over 24 hours due primarily to the kink.
Back
Top Bottom