Recent content by NanaMama

  1. NanaMama

    THR Nana has Landed on the Other Side 2.0

    OK - Day 14 - I am quite certain my recovery this time is far better than 3.5 years ago. I refused narcotic meds this time which eliminated both vomiting and constipation. (Rah x 2). Being September (rather than February in an Iowa winter....) I've been able to get out and walk which has been...
  2. NanaMama

    THR And now on the healing side...

    @subie2021 ~ Go glad to see you on the other side! Like you, I've landed here myself and 3+ days in, I can say I'm doing better. I told my doc upfront - NO OXI or CODEINE of any kind I have paid the price several times. I hope your doc was able to get you on another drug. I've basically taken...
  3. NanaMama

    THR Nana has Landed on the Other Side 2.0

    I've been home 20 hours from the Surgery Center... new hip in place. We had to be there at 5:45am and we were on our way home six hours later. It has been 3.5 years since my first hip replacement.... several things have changed. First, I didn't realize I'd had an epidural in 2018 (but I had...
  4. NanaMama

    THR Nana has Landed on the Other Side 2.0

    I've been home 5 hours from the Surgery Center... new hip in place. We had to be there at 5:45am and we were on our way home six hours later. It has been 3.5 years since my first hip replacement.... several things have changed. First, I didn't realize I'd had an epidural in 2018 (but I had...
  5. NanaMama

    THR Same day/Outpatient info needed

    GO @suebie20201! We will conquer these battles! What time zone are you in? You may actually be ahead of me! Best wishes for us both! Nana
  6. NanaMama

    THR Deja Vu .... I'm baaaack!

    Thank You @Layla! I am about to take my shower.... wash my hair... and air dry in preparation for the "Sage Wipes" (yay?!) Yes... apprehensive but so ready to be rid of this horrendous pain. I know the next couple months will not be fun... but the years after this, much better for having had the...
  7. NanaMama

    THR Deja Vu .... I'm baaaack!

    T-minus 11 hours till surgery time. Yes... I'm nervous, a little frightened, but more than ready to have this over with. I started having issues last spring (March) and told my PCP I needed my hip replaced. "Oh you do, do you?" Having had the same symptoms in 2017... I assured her I definitely...
  8. NanaMama

    THR Same day/Outpatient info needed

    subie2021- NanaMama here.... we are both having Left THR tomorrow... both Outpatient! What are the odds? I had my right hip replaced 3.5 years ago - so the success of that hip makes me excited to have the other one done. As the day has approached, I'm apprehensive as I recall the first few days...
  9. NanaMama

    THR Made it to the other side!

    Hey LG.... I snuck over here from the pre-op side to see how your surgery went (and recovery going). I'm still 2 days away from surgery but so glad you are on the healing side and on the mend. I remember with my first THR, measuring my progress by weeks (not days). I'll be keeping up with yours...
  10. NanaMama

    THR Here we go again!

    My goodness LG... I was just perusing other Sapphires and came across your ECG account. What an ordeal. I'm happy you are well and looking ahead to surgery (and recovery). My second THR will be a week from Tuesday (9/7). I share both your anticipation of renewed pain free movement.... and...
  11. NanaMama

    2021 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

    Hi Tony - I'm having my second THR (left) 9/7 - I'll look forward to following your recovery!
  12. NanaMama

    THR Deja Vu .... I'm baaaack!

    Greetings my fellow hippies. NanaMama here (from Eastern Iowa) two weeks out from my second THR. I had my right hip done in February 2018 and loved the information and support I found on this site. I was thrilled to find my Pre-Post/Op threads to refresh my memory of what I have awaiting me the...
  13. NanaMama

    THR Nana has Landed on the Other Side

    Thanks @BeBe ... I've never really experienced bleeding - mostly discomfort and itching. :hairpulling: I'm actually due for a colonoscopy... (was last November). After the THR, they said I had to wait 3 mo. before I could have it. Sounds like you have to take precautions with everything. :scare...
  14. NanaMama

    THR Nana has Landed on the Other Side

    Thanks @AJinNH - I had big babies (10#-11#) so have dealt with hemmeroids off and on for 40 years. The sitting in the car has aggrivated the situation, but I'm pretty sure it isn't 'serious' enough that they would "do anything". I googled 'hemmeroids' (dear mother of god) and I couldn't believe...
  15. NanaMama

    THR Nana has Landed on the Other Side

    Yo to my Hippie Friends! I'm back from my 12 days in the Southwest where the temperatures were similar to that of a debilitating fever during a bout of the flu. The time spent there was wonderful though. I golfed! WOOT! but only one Executive (short) course. I rode along with my DH and son as...
Back
Top Bottom