Recent content by NanaBeach

  1. NanaBeach

    Elbow Returning to BoneSmart

    Thanks for your encouragement, Jamie and Janet. I sent an email to my surgeon asking if there was anything that I could read before my appointment with him on March 5. His comment to me was, "There's not much in terms of literature regarding routine removal other than it's what they formally...
  2. NanaBeach

    Elbow Returning to BoneSmart

    Hi Cricket, Thanks so much for your reply to my post! You are the first person who has written about their experiences with similar surgeries, as well as the severity of symptoms related to all of that. It's very encouraging to read that your elbow and arm hardly bother you now, although I'm...
  3. NanaBeach

    Recovery notes for Shoulder replacement

    Dear Bone Smart Friends, Thank you for your helpful suggestions and encouragement regarding my friend, who had her shoulder replaced on December 17, 2024. I'm delighted to tell you that her recuperation has been fantastic! Coming from the perspective of someone who has had 3 major and 1 minor...
  4. NanaBeach

    Recovery notes for Shoulder replacement

    As a Bone Smart member who has received help from this wonderful site after two different types of orthopedic surgeries (Partial knee replacement in 10-2018, and two separate complex elbow surgeries in 4-2024 and 5-2024, I'm hoping to find information to assist my good friend who is having her...
  5. NanaBeach

    Elbow Returning to BoneSmart

    Here's the recipe, as requested! Pasta Fagioli (makes about 3 quarts) 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (can adjust to taste) 2 cans cannellini beans, with fluid ¾ cup ditalini or elbow pasta 2 quarts vegetable broth 1 T. butter 3-4 chopped scallions 1 small onion, chopped ½ can tomato...
  6. NanaBeach

    Elbow Returning to BoneSmart

    Hello BoneSmarties, It's been over 6 weeks since my last update, so I thought I'd take a little time today to share what's been happening. The biggest change in my recuperation is that last Friday (November 15), I "graduated" from therapy. As you may recall, I've been working with an excellent...
  7. NanaBeach

    Elbow Returning to BoneSmart

    Hi Jamie, Thank you for reaching out! I am continuing to make progress (albeit slowly) so I want to add some encouraging updates for anyone who has been following my story. Today happens to be 200 days (!) since I was injured in March. Wednesday, October 9 will be 22 weeks since surgery #2 (the...
  8. NanaBeach

    Elbow Returning to BoneSmart

    Dear Lexus05, Your situation sounds terrible! Have you considered getting a second opinion regarding whether surgery could improve your symptoms and lessen at least some of the pain? Neither of my surgeries was "easy" (and in fact elbow surgery #2 led to the most painful and challenging...
  9. NanaBeach

    Elbow Returning to BoneSmart

    Hello Lexus, Sorry I've been out of touch. I'm not using the computer as much as I did before my accident (March 20) and I didn't see your note asking for me to reply. I'm so sorry that you are also in this "painful elbow after fracture" club! After two elbow surgeries (4-11-24 and 5-8-24), I'm...
  10. NanaBeach

    Elbow Returning to BoneSmart

    Hello @benne68 and thanks for your reply! I appreciate your updating my signature and adding the recent procedures. I hope there will be other BoneSmart members who may have ideas to share or suggestions from the experiences of family members or friends. One resource I forgot to mention in my...
  11. NanaBeach

    Elbow Returning to BoneSmart

    Thanks for your reply and good wishes, @djklaugh. The hinged brace is definitely uncomfortable, but less so than the fingers-to-upper arm casts that I had for a total of 4 weeks. One advantage of the brace is that I can remove it and use a mesh sling in the shower, rather than the thick plastic...
  12. NanaBeach

    Elbow Returning to BoneSmart

    Hello friends! I was an active member of the BoneSmart community in the fall of 2018 to winter 2019, before and after PKR of the medial portion of my left knee. The support and resources I found here were excellent! I feel like there's an element of serendipity regarding receiving the recent...
  13. NanaBeach

    PKR NanaBeach 7 Months Post-op

    Hi Beachy, How nice to hear from you! I was wondering how you've been doing. It's great to know that you are pleased with your new knee as well and doing "more than I could in years" also. We are so lucky to have these fantastic results. Besides being able to walk regularly for exercise, my...
  14. NanaBeach

    PKR NanaBeach 7 Months Post-op

    Thank you, Celle, for merging the threads! I wasn't sure how to do that myself. :)
  15. NanaBeach

    PKR NanaBeach 7 Months Post-op

    It's hard to believe all of the positive changes in my life since getting a new knee just over 7 months ago. My surgeon was very pleased with my progress when I saw him for my 6-month follow up in April. It's been about 2 months since I've used any Tylenol (the only medication I took after the...
Back
Top Bottom