Recent content by mylow

  1. mylow

    TKR 8 weeks lots of pain<

    Sure Josephine you can ask me question. Jaschembra, I knew as well that it was a year recovery, but I was not prepared for the pain and really the slow going of recovery. Just had my doctor visit and he said I was doing great and to hang in there it will get better over the next few months...
  2. mylow

    TKR 8 weeks lots of pain<

    Thank for your sharing as it hard looking down the tunnel wondering if there is going to be some light at the end. This is a very long recovery and I know for myself I heard those words, but really did not understand what recovery truly is and how long this will take. If it was not for this...
  3. mylow

    TKR 8 weeks lots of pain<

    Thank everyone for the replays. I find not only is there the up and down with the knee but there also the up and down with the emotions. But helps a great deal to here from all of you, it makes me feel normal in not such a normal situation.
  4. mylow

    TKR 8 weeks lots of pain<

    I am at 4 months now and my knee is so stiff when I first get up to walk. There is always pain and the out side is numb. I feel like I have a weight tight to my leg. I am not sleeping much as the pain is keeping me awake. Not sure if this is all normal. I do a mile walk very other day...
  5. mylow

    TKR 8 weeks lots of pain<

    Thanks Paula I was wondering if this could bother the stomach. Ice, rest seems to be the over all best thing.
  6. mylow

    TKR 8 weeks lots of pain<

    Cnn1 I am so happy I found this group it has really helped me a great deal.
  7. mylow

    TKR 8 weeks lots of pain<

    Paula for the Pes Anserine Bursitis I have been using Diclofenac Sodium gel four times a day. It seems to help with pain relief and swelling of the bursitis. I sure have been resting it a lot. I ice four times a day as Josephine has recommended. I have a few days where I am doing pretty...
  8. mylow

    TKR 8 weeks lots of pain<

    I will keep posting how I am coming along, as I know for me how long it will be and is this normal has been my questions I am now at 3 months. The only pain I have is from the Pes Anserine Bursitis on the right side. My ROM is 127 now. I am resting 2 hours in the afternoon. I am retired so...
  9. mylow

    TKR 8 weeks lots of pain<

    I just love this site. You all make me feel so good and that it's going to be ok. PT is over now and I just love this statement from this site. "PT is over great now you can relax and get well." I did over do at PT and have Pes Anserine Bursitis. It really hurts very bad. I am icing and...
  10. mylow

    TKR 8 weeks lots of pain<

    Over this week I have come to this same answer. I have just done stuff around the house, went for a short walk at the market. I have had a few moments with out pain . Went back to PT they did a heavy massage on me, I was ill the rest of the day. So I am stopping PT and just going to go back...
  11. mylow

    TKR 8 weeks lots of pain<

    Josephine 1. Sitting about a 2, standing about 4 2. 5 mg every 4 hours oxycodone ( I have been taking it every six hours) 3. Slight 4. Rom is 117 I do not know the extension but I can put my knee flat on the table 5. Yes. 5 to 6 times a day for 60 mins, so pretty much my life right now 6. Yes...
  12. mylow

    TKR 8 weeks lots of pain<

    Went to PT today and he said it most likely is my patella tendon is inflamed. He did a massage and tap under my knee cap. I am to rest, elevate, ice, with heel slides until I see him on Friday. Well I will listen to all of you who have been saying the same thing, as I am sitting here icing.
  13. mylow

    TKR 8 weeks lots of pain<

    Have a call into my doctor and spoke with my PT this morning. I am to stop everything, ice, sleep and elevate. Then tomorrow my PT want to only do some light message to try and help give pain relief. I can tell you I do not cry easy but I have been today. I am just so tired of being in so...
  14. mylow

    TKR 8 weeks lots of pain<

    Sure Josephine ask what ever questions you want. I have been resting all day on all of your advice. I will keep doing this and I will back off on the actives and exercising. Just would love a few hours of no pain, I am sure you all know how I feel. I will let you all know how I am doing...
  15. mylow

    TKR 8 weeks lots of pain<

    My surgery date is 4/18/2017.
Back
Top Bottom