Recent content by Mylexigirl

  1. M

    Confused

    Wow Josephine you really put my mind at ease.my brother-in-law law also had a knee replacement and his orthopedic also operated before the three month window.( I just found that out yesterday) so if you say it’s safe with all your experience that’s what I will go with. Bless you.
  2. M

    Confused

    Yes I also would say 3 months at least but given the fact that this is such a good hospital and when I asked about the risk of infection I was informed it’s ok. That is why I posted this question here. Thanks for all that responded.
  3. M

    Confused

    Question to all who, after they had cortisone shots and then went through with surgery. My Dr at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC informed me that he can perform surgery at 6 weeks after my last shot and that it was safe. I know from reading this form for years MOST claim to wait at...
  4. M

    Am I crazy.

    Tricialen thanks for being honest....it helps me to know there are others out there who feel the same...best of luck
  5. M

    Am I crazy.

    Sunnyo thanks to you and many whom responded to my fears. Yes i’Am at that stage where it is painfull to walk...to say the least.hopefully I find the strength to get past all of this.
  6. M

    Am I crazy.

    I can not begin to tell you all how thankful i’am from all the responses I received. I have an appointment for a cortisone shot on feb.25th of this month.i don’t think I will get it instead I will try and talk to my doctor about my issues.i did touch on them briefly in the past. I canceled this...
  7. M

    Am I crazy.

    Much thanks for everyone that responded to me.
  8. M

    Am I crazy.

    Hi all. Have been reading bonesmart since 2016. That is how long I have needed a total knee replacement. Now I am sure who ever is reading this, you are wondering why haven’t I got it done. It’s because of fear. Now some will say that “we were all afraid” but this fear that I have IS NOT NORMAL...
  9. M

    Confused

    hi everyone thank for answering my 2 questions.
  10. M

    Confused

    Thanks ronsgirl I have Never seen anything about iron pills before surgery
  11. M

    Confused

    Another question....please! When I was scheduled last year for a total knee replacemet(had another health issue) so I did not get it done.my surgeon WITHOUT TAKEN ANY BLOOD TEST put me on iron pills. I thought this was strange I did question the nurse and her reply was yes he sometimes does...
  12. M

    Confused

    bottomshollow thanks for the info also much appreciated
  13. M

    Confused

    Thanks haley4 and fla granny for both of your replies.that has been what I have been led to believe 3 months.although I trust my doctor i don't want to have an increased risk for infection if I decide to do this within 6 weeks of my last cortozone shot.every article I have every read said at...
  14. M

    Confused

    Hi all.i have a question,I have been getting cortozone shots now for a year and a half in my right knee.i know I need a total knee replacement ( iam petrified of pain meds and any kind of surgery) although the shots work for about 3 months I know that this is not going to get any better. On...
  15. M

    Right TKR scheduled for May 27th

    Hi tabbycat just stopped by to see how you are feeling.hope your recovery is not to painful.
Back
Top Bottom