Recent content by Mvleaf

  1. Mvleaf

    Bilateral TKR Right Foot Turns Out<

    Starting to feel much better today. Maybe it is just time or I did something my leg didn't like.
  2. Mvleaf

    Bilateral TKR Right Foot Turns Out<

    Thank you for being quick. Mostly deeply in RB1 D and a little over into RB2 The picture is standing naturally. Also along the front at RF1 along the line of DE has some pain but not the deep ache. Thanks for the help. Maybe this is just normal??
  3. Mvleaf

    Bilateral TKR Right Foot Turns Out<

    All the support and the use of the work time is so very accurate. Thank you for that gift. Time is making things better. I can even walk a little backwards to watch my students walk down the halls properly now. That is a gift. The one new thing that has propped up, and it may be natural, is...
  4. Mvleaf

    Bilateral TKR Neehutchy's Recovery<

    Congratulations on your weight loss. My Dr told me same thing about doing what ever I want. Just listen to my body and if it still hurts....Don't Do it. Could take a year or more tho get a new Good normal.
  5. Mvleaf

    Bilateral TKR Right Foot Turns Out<

    I am right there with you. I get very stiff doing anything for not real long periods. My Dr said it was normal for my body. It could take 1 to 1.5 years to be great. Just listen to my body. I come home from work and elevate and ice. Walk a little .....Elevate and ice. I do take Tylenol...
  6. Mvleaf

    Bilateral TKR Right Foot Turns Out<

    Thank you Sistersinhim. At school, it is difficult. When I am planning, I'll bring some pillows and that way at least for a short time during the day I can do a little higher.
  7. Mvleaf

    Bilateral TKR Right Foot Turns Out<

    Well, I've been back to teaching for what should have been two weeks now, but the snow had other ideas, so I've only really had 2 full days and 4 half days. At 12 weeks post op (tomorrow) I really thought things would keep progressing forward. I am moving better, although I look like a...
  8. Mvleaf

    Bilateral TKR Right Foot Turns Out<

    Thanks for the support. I truly appreciate it. I thought I would be better sooner, but 2 weeks! Wow! you and I are a lot in-line. Thanks
  9. Mvleaf

    Bilateral TKR Right Foot Turns Out<

    Hi Skyblue. My PT actually said that it would be too soon to go back before 9 weeks. Although, he did say to listen to my body. The surgeon said it was My choice. You know I'm not sure what the date was on My FLMA paperwork. My school district hasn't pushed too much but the lack of subs...
  10. Mvleaf

    Bilateral TKR Right Foot Turns Out<

    I asked the orthopedist and he said the knee is lined up correctly and that it will go in a little with healing, but as it has always been there... This replacement won't help it. (I guess right now anyway it has exasperated it). Give it time and then we will explore other options. It's a...
  11. Mvleaf

    Bilateral TKR Right Foot Turns Out<

    Thank you for the encouragement and info. I'm glad I didn't go back 3 weeks earlier like the dr. At the beginning said I could. But, I knew better. I think God wanted me to have another full day home. SNOW DAY! I'm dancing just like a kid. (From the waist up any way) I know I won't be...
  12. Mvleaf

    Bilateral TKR Right Foot Turns Out<

    Well I'm 10 weeks post-op and there are definitely improvements. It is still difficult to sleep more than 2 hours at a time but my husband isn't saying my turning is waking him anymore. That's . Walking mostly on my own unless I'm outside or on longer walks. My only concern with my right leg...
  13. Mvleaf

    Bilateral TKR Beckaroo's recovery thread

    Thank you Beckaroo for your threads here. You have given me so many suggestions and support without you even knowing it I am just ten weeks Bltkr tomorrow. I started back to work, teaching elementary school, last week half days. Your "nap" comments are right on. After just half a day of...
  14. Mvleaf

    TKR 10 weeks and it's a pain

    HI, I understand what you are saying. You are not alone. I had bilateral replacements in November and still have a lot of stiffness, and swelling with pain off and on. I know that I am better and some days I really wonder about that, but I am better. It takes time and each of us goes at...
  15. Mvleaf

    TKR Grandma Chris gets a new knee!

    Congratulations! I have driven just started driving again too. It is thrilling and a positive step forward
Back
Top Bottom