Recent content by Music_Man

  1. Music_Man

    THR Music_Man's recovery

    I can't wait to be able to again sleep on my most recent THR (Left) side though. Prior to surgery, I slept only on my Left side. If I tried sleeping on my Right side before surgery (and now), severe back pain would ensue, waking me up after a couple hours.:gaah: My guess is, I might be able...
  2. Music_Man

    THR Music_Man's recovery

    Thanks mendogal! I just spoke with a friend who is contemplating a TKR beginning next year. And of course, I have directed him here! You staff and all of the posters here have been so welcoming and helpful. Cheers,:cheers:
  3. Music_Man

    THR Music_Man's recovery

    It's now 8-weeks post op on my 2nd hip. The tape burn blisters (surrounding my incision) have healed. But before then, when I went to the dermatologist, he recognized that the healing from the pictures I had previously sent, was going well. Nevertheless, being cautious, he took a skin swab for...
  4. Music_Man

    THR Planning for Post Op Pain Management

    Yup, I agree. We purchased a 16qt. machine and used it to good advantage. It worked much better than ice packs, which we also used here and there. But the break-out pain that I had and couldn't control, happened while using the ice machine. The coming off the general anesthetic, spinal...
  5. Music_Man

    THR Music_Man's recovery

    Thanks myglasshalfful!! My sentiments exactly!!
  6. Music_Man

    THR Music_Man's recovery

    Thanks Layla and here's wishing you a great weekend also. The weather here in Indy is pretty much perfect and that helps buoy one's spirits! But, I must admit, while the last 5, or so years haven't been pleasant pain and mobility wise, it never negatively effected my outlook on life. Being...
  7. Music_Man

    THR Music_Man's recovery

    As Layla said above, my 2nd. new hip celebrated its 1-month anniversary (thanks cup, ball and stem!:)). After going to the dermatologist yesterday re. healing advice for my THR wound's awful tape burns, my beautiful bride of 52 years and I ate at a restaurant. Now for most, that's generally...
  8. Music_Man

    THR Music_Man's recovery

    Thanks for the commiseration and the arnica gel tip. I hadn't heard of that remedy. So, it's appreciated. We were using Blue Emu. It does relieve pain for a while. But I was wanting something (other than the proverbial 20-min. ice/heat) that would promote healing. And also thanks for your...
  9. Music_Man

    THR Music_Man's recovery

    That was exactly my experience. Whatever hits post THR after the anesthetic and meds wear-off, bit me in the you know where. Whoa, not good. But the 1-Oxycodone added to the Hydrocodone I was taking, did the trick and allowed my body to relax, where my mind was unable to make that happen. If...
  10. Music_Man

    THR Music_Man's recovery

    Thanks Layla for all you and the other Bonesmart staff members are do to provide aid, assistance and a place to share and also, for the condolences re my sister. Although my sister's THR resulted in what is most feared, her situation was unique. She had comorbidities that likely and rather...
  11. Music_Man

    THR Music_Man's recovery

    My Left THR (9/9) surgery has so far, went well. But as many have experienced, the after effects were different than my first, Right THR on June, 17. This makes the point that has been made many times herein -- i.e., that no two surgeries are the same, or for that matter, no two people react...
  12. Music_Man

    THR Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Accompanied by 2-Calcified Hips (the Right Fused)

    Thanks for reaching out, Layla. All is going well with my recovery as I wait for my Left THR on Sept.9. The Right THR has went quite well. The wound has healed nicely. Thankfully, swelling was minimal from day one and the upper thigh and buttock pain from the surgery and the lack of feeling...
  13. Music_Man

    Nylon Slider/Transfer for Help Getting Into Bed or Into an Auto

    In a recent post, I noticed that a THR poster mentioned having trouble/pain getting into bed. Prior to surgery, I found a slider made of a nylon material on Amazon that I thought might be useful. I initially thought it might help getting into our SUV post surgery and it did. I also used it to...
  14. Music_Man

    THR Wide Awake - Mailman Chases Dogs Away

    I'm happy to hear that you're doing so well Mailman!! It appears that you took from "Bonesmart", some of the smarter advice and married that with what you thought best for you. This of course, is what all of us should be doing with information of any sort, from any source, good, bad, or...
Back
Top Bottom